The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Alabama Distruction  (Read 1010 times)

Mooneyes

Alabama Distruction
« on: April 28, 2011, 02:19:24 pm »
As some may know Alabama was hit with serious storms and tornados. Our town was hit by 3 tornado's. We are without all utilities for the next 3-5 days. No power, cable , phone or cell. I had to drive over an hour into TN for gas and cell service. We have had several deaths and they are still searching. Please keep these families as well as others in your thoughts and prayers.

Mooneyes/Angela

lonnarin

Re: Alabama Distruction
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 02:32:09 pm »
Glad to hear you're safe.  hope your power is restored soon, espcially if the Alabama weather's anywhere as hot and muggy as it is down here in Florida.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 02:52:49 pm »
Its always sad to hear of this,

Please take care, and count on the prayes

Warchild214

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 03:02:28 pm »
Glad you and your family were the lucky ones.  Our prayers go out to all those affected by the recent deadly tornados.  Such devestation is hard to actually comprehend from a news story or video.

Take care of your yourself, family and friends Angela and see you when your power is restored.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 03:16:19 pm »
Good luck Angela. My thoughts are with you.

davidhoff

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 03:22:50 pm »
Got an email from my dad, saying my sister and her family are safe, they live in Trussville, AL.  They are without power too and hid under a matress when the storms hit.  Aparently, one of my cousins said she and her husband where in their house when the roof blew off.  Nasty stuff and little to no warning.  You guys are in our prayers for sure...be safe and keep positive through the clean-up.

jrizz

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 03:41:28 pm »
Very glad to hear you and yours are okay. You are all in our thoughts.

Filatus

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 03:58:22 pm »
Thanks for letting us know you're all alright. Take care and best of luck with recovering from all the damage.

Chazzler

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 04:46:31 pm »
Ouch, sad to hear of the deaths. I am glad you and yours and Davidhoff's relatives are okay though, that tornado-alley sure is some nasty territory at times, yikes.

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 05:20:09 pm »
I'm glad to hear you and your family are OK (relatively speaking). Coverage of the tornadoes has been all over everything today. I have a very good friend whose parents retired to Alabama somewhere. Hopefully they weathered through alright as well.

willhoff

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 05:21:18 pm »
Wow seems like pretty wide spread destruction.  Like Davidhoff said we have family there as well.  I'm happy to hear you and your family are safe as well.  I'll keep you and those affected in my prayers.

Mooneyes

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 06:55:56 pm »
Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. We need them.  The death toll has been tripled. Our estimation on our electricity is now at 5-7 days. We have a curfew now which isn't a bad thing. I am happy that other layo families in AL are well too. I will check in when I am able.

Angela

osxmallard

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 03:34:29 am »
Glad you guys are safe, hope the damage is repaired soon and people can move on with their lives the best they can...

Mooneyes

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 11:00:38 am »
Hi everyone. I'm out of town again so I can use my phone.  Obama supposed to view our area today. All utilities are still down and they now estimating 5-9 days. Our family is all well and we had no damage to our property. Thank so much for the prayers and thoughts :). :)

Angela

willhoff

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 11:10:07 am »
Hi Angela,

Glad to hear.  You might want to buy a gas generator, maybe in Tennessee if they are all sold out in Bama.  They're estimates on how long the power will be down may not be accurate and its good to have a back up anyways.

Tanman

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 09:37:28 am »
Hi Angela,

Best wishes from New Zealand. My thoughts are with you and your family

Mooneyes

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 04:35:43 pm »
Hey guys

I think I may have some spotty
Internet tonight so I am gonna try and get in game with Keela. **crosses fingers**

Mooneyes

Link092

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 02:23:37 pm »
family in AL is safe. Buddy of mine was staying with me for a week after a tornado hit Fayetteville and wiped out the neighborhood (He happened to be on the throne at the time). only his street and a few after his made it. everything else is gone. couple buddies seem to have fell of the grid since then, haven't heard from a few, dunno the status.

nasty stuff...

Mooneyes

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 04:56:49 pm »
I'm sorry to hear that Link. It's a small world when we all know someone who was affected by this horrible storm.  We know several that lost everything, homes, jobs, property and loved ones.  Huntsville for the most part has power restored but for those areas that were totally wiped out. It will takes years for those people to gain back any hope of a normal life.  

Know that your friends are in my thoughts and prayers.

Link092

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 03:03:18 pm »
Thank you. I saw the few that fell from the grid at graduation rehearsal this morning. Of course, no one can keep in touch because they don't have a phone or computer anymore. :L

anything