The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: All Call for Rangers  (Read 440 times)

twidget658

All Call for Rangers
« on: May 11, 2008, 06:09:39 pm »
*A small notice is left at the best ranger camps around Layonara*

It is that time again. I would like to get all the rangers/trackers together so we can greet each other and to give us all a chance to learn from each other.

Feel free to bring your animal friends around. This is an event for them as well. And unlike the local towns, the camp welcomes such companions.

I am also willing to take on two apprentices.

We will meet at the Wolfswood Ranger Corps Camp on Jenra 9.

*marked*
 Rodlin Serim
 Captain, Wolfswood Ranger Corps

//Bring all your questions, comments, ideas, recommendations for future events, etc.

//RP heavy with allowance for OOC discussion for mechanical issues. However, if we can talk mechanics IC, that will be the preference.

//Please sign up on the calendar event so I can plan accordingly. ;)

Calendar Event

Time Conversion

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, aragwen, Acacea, jrizz, ShiffDrgnhrt, Fianon

aragwen

Re: All Call for Rangers
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:50:09 am »
//Would love to come, but alas 4am is not happening.

Riven

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 10:45:35 am »
*Small note tacked under Rodlin's note in the Ranger's Camp in the Silkwood*

Greetings fellow Rangers!
I would like to attend, and may or may not be able to, depending on circumstances. Please write directions to the Wolfswood Ranger Corps Camp on  Alindor.
Ye have my thanks!
~Riven Ring-Cleaver

Leshariel

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 01:00:38 pm »
*written with a smile and a happy heart*

Rodlin,

I will be greatly honored by this gathering.  I appreciated greatly you showing me the way to the camp yesterday.  

Is this event restricted to Rangers only?

Travel safe!
Leshariel

// I'm confused about the posting above. Just confirming... this event is 6PM, PST, right?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 01:09:22 pm »
//// only the "ranger" classes, eh? or what other sort of "trackers"?

Fianon

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 02:12:29 pm »
Thanks for this, Rodlin!
I´ll do my best to attend this meeting.

Greetings

*signed*

Fianon Brittlebow

twidget658

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 07:32:41 pm »
//Yes, 6pm PST on this coming up Saturday. For my ranger events, it is just for rangers. When I do things like Into the Clouds, it is open for anyone.

//I say tracker because...because. :)  I see a 'ranger' as a person in a forest green uniform with a forest ranger badge (a park ranger) on his arm. As for a tracker, I see him/her as more of a person in rougher clothes living off the land. So I have almost always referred to Rodlin as a tracker. Personal preference, really. But still a ranger class.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 08:18:13 pm »
//Hey, Aragorn was Called a Ranger  :P  And he IS!!!  THE model for Rangers...  So there...

twidget658

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 12:17:03 am »
//Also, another requirement is that the PC not just have the 'ranger class', but is played like a ranger. Just having the class for the feats and skills is not enough.

twidget658

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 10:47:04 pm »
Bring your fishing poles!

Yes, even if you use a bow to fish with, get a pole, a spool of line (50lb preferably) and some bait (lures and live). There will be a fishing trip near the end. If you have never had the pleasure of relaxing near a lake with a line in the water, this is your chance. If you don't know how, I will show you.

Other topics that will be discussed...

- Stealth - What it is, what it isn't
 - Camouflage/Concealment/Cover
 - Summmons/Companions - How to control them
 - Ranger's role
 - Wood gathering
 - Equipment
 - Spells

...plus whatever discussion points that is brought to the meeting by those in attendance.

Look forward to meeting you all.

*marked*
Rodlin Serim
Captain, Wolfswood Ranger Corps

//I will show the way to anyone that doesn't know where the camp is.

twidget658

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 10:56:04 am »
//Thanks to all that came out. It was a pleasure to see some new people. I am particularly pleased to see folks that are interested in learning the game, game mechanics, emotes and how to enhance the RP on the server.

I really enjoyed watching everyone emote through their companions. I think that will always be my favorite part. In a way, it gives the companions a bit of personality too along with the PC.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 01:52:37 pm »
//Thanks for the session, Twidget.  Though some of it I knew, I liked being able offer some tips of my own to other Rangers, especially some of the new guys.

Maybe you should run another in a month or two  ;)

anything