The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Amazing atmosphere  (Read 150 times)

Niles09

Amazing atmosphere
« on: February 28, 2007, 07:13:53 am »
Well, I just  wanted to say thank you,, as the guy behind the drawings in the first issue of "Tales of Layonara", for the graphic updates in V3.
I remember when I had to make the scene in Wildsurge it was really annoying that I kept having that big empty inn in my mind.
The atmosphere is amazing in the new areas, the sound, the light and the graphics! Fort Vehl really looks like a port from the dark ages, with a really tight atmosphere and the forest west of Vehl really have that fairytale/fantasy forest atmosphere.  Also the plain terrains, like the farm east of Port Hampstead and the area north of Vehl used just to be places you run through going to a dungeon or something. Now they actually feel dangarous, like you never know when a gang of bandits will ambush you. Amazing simply, and very inspiring!

Force_of_Will_

Re: Amazing atmosphere
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 08:03:58 am »
You said it Bub.I was blow away by something as simple as the little rolling hills outside Port Hempstead.And I wandered all over Port Hempstead half alseep since it was 4am here.Little things I realy liked,The way there was water everywhere in the port and it wasnt all on solid piece of land,the bridges,the blue glow coming from the hall of the weave.Then theres the forest west of Vehl that place was so cool.Fort Vehl wat could I say about that that Niles hasn't said.

I just like to say to all who worked on it and all who will be working on it even as we play it .
Thanks and Wow.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 08:44:50 am »
The new battle fens (forgot the new name) are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!
the fog is so tight you can barely see ahead and the monsters are sneaky and its actually scary!!!!!!!!!!

darkstorme

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 11:16:35 am »
Blackford castle looks much more imposing now, looming over the surrounding (lovely) forest.  Kudos!