The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: And thats it....  (Read 768 times)

LordCove

And thats it....
« on: December 21, 2010, 10:15:37 am »
Well, this might have been seen coming, but its time I hung up the GM gloves.

RealLife has took a wonderful turn in the form of two crazy, mad-cap spawns of Mini-Me's, whom continue to suck and drain every ounce of will to live that I have ( kidding of course! ;)  )

Add to that various other things, and sadly I just don't have time for GMing anymore, so I'll put the GM Wand back on the self, and hope someone else will pick it up and have a wave.

But I do thank you for the opportunity I had to bring about some chaos, fun and laughs to this wonderful little world you've all created. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the MMO when it's released, and likely bring about some great ancestor of the Tempest's to see it.

I wish you all well, and of course a Happy Christmas!

Warchild214

Re: And thats it....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 10:32:46 am »
Thanks for the DM run quests LordCove, they were always fun to be a part of..

Have fun with your little ones and hope to see you back Dming when RL allows it.

Shiokara

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 11:26:32 am »
Vincent, I will miss you. Your multiple quest series for new players were the first I ever attended, and they are what hooked me to Layonara in the first place.

Additionally, when Trouble attended the plagued Palden Lake, it allowed Zahid to have a cause he could follow. Thank you for allowing Zahid to get involved with that as he often has trouble finding causes he can actually get behind.

Thank you for making a space for us new and lowbie characters.

Happy Christmas.

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 01:25:22 pm »
Thank you for the quests you ran for our enjoyment, they were all very fun to be a part of.

Hope to see you in-game as one of your characters on some occasion or another, should RL allow that :)

Filatus

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 01:57:55 pm »
Will remember the good times. :)

willhoff

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 03:57:28 pm »
Thanks for all the time you volunteered to Layonara to make it a better place for all of us.  You are/were one of my favorite GM's.  You gotta real style that is unmistakable in your role play and your quests.

p.s. Loved the giant series

Have fun with the fam!

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 04:42:00 pm »
Had a real blast on your quest, you truly knew how to make very interesting and involving quests.

davidhoff

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 06:22:53 pm »
Agreed.  Your quests were some of the best run and planned and very exciting and fun.  Everything you touched worked out well.  The way you RP your characters always has me laughing and shaking my head "darn this guy's good".  Merry Christmas!

Masterjack

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 07:12:52 pm »
Thanks for everything you have done and enjoy those rug rats while you can.

Dezza

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 01:04:41 am »
You deserve every moment of those mini-me's! teehee

Thank you for everything, you have been an inspiration and will be sorely missed on the gm team and in general.

Take care.

Pseudonym

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 04:49:10 am »
A shame, one of the best GMs that Layo had (not including me, of course).

Enjoy your pigeon pair, twenty seconds of pleasure, 20 years of misery!

:)

mixafix

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 11:41:57 am »
Thanks for all those cool times and quietly bringing new ideas with every game you GM'd. I will miss some of those game effects but mostly I am going to miss a big presence.

Oh and don't believe everything Psuedo says...20 years was just to make you feel better...it never ends.

Mooneyes

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 01:09:21 pm »
Thanks for just being being a huge part of the Layo family!  Speaking from experience, RL can shout so loud that to not hear it, can sometimes come with a price. RL needs to be formost in everyones mind. And to realize it now in your present season of life is wonderful. Have no regrets and know that we as a family here in Layo wants what you want. Enjoy your family! Unfortunately, there are no respawns in real llife.

Come in when you can. And maybe just maybe we will see you  again in your wonderfullness!

Take Care And Enjoy! You will be missed :)

Tanman

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 07:57:50 pm »
LC, it will be sad to see you hang up your GM hat...your advice was great when you are on...hopefully you can come in as a player in Layonara.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 01:37:22 pm »
Thanks for everything you've done as a GM here, LC. I hope that you'll stay here and continue to be a presence through your characters.

I understand only too well what is happening to life around you - I'm also there! :)

Merry christmas and a happy new year.