The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Announcing NWN log stripper alpha  (Read 452 times)

Pibemanden

Announcing NWN log stripper alpha
« on: September 23, 2010, 04:26:11 pm »
Hey everyone,

Per request of Cinnabar way back a few months ago I created a small tool for stripping log files of combat and only displaying what selected people were saying. The project is now(Actually it has been for some time) at a stage, where I can allow people to test it out and give feedback on how it works for them.

There are still features to be added and things to fix but it should at least in it's basic form give people a useful tool for processing huge logs with lots of combat.

I am aware that one such program already exists(Search for nwStory: Tools for the Story Writer), but I am mostly developing this as a little hobby project while learning some techniques and such for software development. Therefore I hope that at least a couple of people would like to try it out and tell me what they think.

At the moment the project page is really bare, but go to the project page and give it a try if you ever need to get a quick overview of a special log. Just remember that it is still an alpha stage project and there may still be bugs and other quirks. Right now the windows application is available, download the packing.tar.gz file and unpack it, the executable is in the packing/bin directory.

The way the program works should be rather easy to figure out, but I will try to make an update tomorrow with instructions and such.

The following users thanked this post: Acacea, Hellblazer, Lynn1020, Lareth, willhoff, Warchild214

Unknown User

Announcing NWN log stripper alpha
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 05:06:31 pm »
Fails to start for me, since libgmodule-2.0-0.dll is not there

Masterjack

Re: Announcing NWN log stripper alpha
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 07:16:17 am »
Test as I do not see anything

After posting the forum says this is the first post?