The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Are There Characters In Need of Accommodation?  (Read 112 times)

Script Wrecked

Are There Characters In Need of Accommodation?
« on: September 03, 2009, 02:58:25 am »
Are there players with characters who would like some sort of accommodation but have been unable to get it?

Would they or you be interested in a room in something along the lines of a boarding house?

The implement of this idea is dependent on:
  • transfer of ownership of 136 Leringard to my character(1)
  • the "number of placeables in an area" restriction(2)
  • the volume of demand for this :)

Initial floor plans attached.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

[SIZE=10](1) as yet unrequested
(2) this is currently 200; with 10 boarders (plus 2 for the house itself) that would be a maximum of 17 placeables (chests, beds, chairs, plants, et cetera) per boarder, which could get used up very quickly depending on how expressive or how much of a hoarder or crafter you or your character is[/SIZE]

Pseudonym

Re: Are There Characters In Need of Accommodation?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:45:49 am »
Yes.

Not only do I like the idea of shared accommodation in order to manage inventory/crafting needs but also for the community/fellowship/RP opportunity that follows from proximity.

PS. I am thinking Candleman and/or my new PC (when/if he gets approved), not Ark ... he scoffs at such notions as crafting and fellowship and community.

mixafix

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 06:09:32 am »
the above reasons sound good - but for the same reasons some of psuedos PCs may not be ...you..know...is there any kind of good neighbour assessment here? O.o

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 08:56:37 am »
I know Görmungard would be interested!

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 10:29:38 am »
Depending on the price, totaly interested

Script Wrecked

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 11:53:53 am »
For something comparable to the Leringard Arms, it would be 3000gp per month for each 3x1 room (derived from 1000gp per square). This may be subject to adjustment depending upon the cost to refurbish (remodel) 136 Leringard.

And just to be explicit, these rooms are unfurnished (empty).

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 01:53:39 pm »
I'm hoping that's Rl months?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 02:39:20 pm »
The Arms rents per RL week/IG month, but most rooms cost no more than 1000 True per IG month. Also, they're smaller than the space Script is suggesting, and prefurnished.

Xaltotun

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 06:16:05 pm »
I have new character who would really take to this idea once he gets approval (and the trues, of course). :)

SteveMaurer

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 07:30:27 pm »
Darthirâe is not interested in a house in Mistone, but would  be interested in renting storage, depending on the price.   She has a terrible time getting people in the guilds who she does business with to actually show up, so needs to keep things around for gameworld years, until they actually do.

It's all dependent on pricing though.   Huge amounts of rent are just a nonstarter for her, as it makes the whole idea unprofitable.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 10:54:21 pm »
Indeed.

When you're buying a house, you accumulate gold at your own pace.

However, to have a regular monetary commitment each (RL) week feels too like... real life!

Howabout a tithe from all gold received (whether from the proceeds of crafting, or loot from dungeons, or any other means)? Just a thought.

lonnarin

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 02:25:03 am »
I want a night on the town with the Donation Lass.  Anybody know her well?  She caught me eye and I nay kin think o anything since, cept fer giant killin, of course.

-Kurn

anything