The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Arena Tournament?  (Read 1298 times)

Teo

Arena Tournament?
« on: December 01, 2012, 07:15:33 pm »
Hey all,

I was just thinking about putting on a little quests in the Vehl Arena. A fighting tournament, with level brackets. Those would be New Adventurer (1-15), Veteran (15-20), and if more show up, perhaps another category, (21 and up). There would be one on one duels for each bracket, as well as a battle royal for each bracket. At the end the New Adventurer champion would try to take on the Veteran champion, but the Veteran champion would have limitations to the equipment, weapons, and armor he or she could use, for both the top three of each battle royal champions, and the winner of each one on one duel would also fight, with the Veteran having the same limitations as those in the battle royal. Perhaps with some food vendors and weapon venders, and with special weapons as rewards for victory? I would be willing to run it, but perhaps with some GM assistance. Just throwing this idea out there to see how many would turn up, and if it would be a good quest or a flop.

Just a though :)
Teo

The following users thanked this post: Xaltotun, Guardian 452, Chazzler, Mooneyes, Talia, Spike, RollinsCat

Aphel

Re: Arena Tournament?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:09:19 pm »
I am not deep enough into the mechanics of NWN to help you with writing out rules for the tournament (and you'll need them), but it's a good idea.

Guardian 452

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 12:11:26 am »
Do some searches on the forms. Somebody used to do arena tournaments perhaos adopt many if their rules? Also I know some of my characters woukd be interested in participating. Dot for sure... ;)

Dremora

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 07:54:28 am »
Things become messy with a 21+. Perhaps the characters that have reached a status of notoriety for their skills may be honoured guests to offer critique to contestants. That leaves the New heroes and veteran heroes (or villains) to battle it out while the epics rest on their laurels and watch the battles. I suppose they can still challenge one another for leisure or to settle scores but that might add some flavoring to it more so than just adding an additional tier. It also means the combatents can settle their own rules and change the pace.

s0ulz

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 09:48:25 am »
PnP used to run a very cool Crossed Blades Arena Tournament. These things usually require a bit of lightheartedness and structure to ensure nobody gets their feelings hurt.

drakogear

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 03:43:28 pm »
Hmmmm, Think I have a former arena combatant that wouldn't mind getting back into the arena fights.

*gestures to the large man with an equally large sword* (Alexander Caezak)

Dremora

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 04:51:05 am »
Just noticed we're not answering Teo's question (except drako which is why I noticed).

I would attend if possible, leaving it open as to what character and tier I'd enter.

RollinsCat

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 09:12:48 am »
I'd try to attend depending on time.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 09:25:34 am »
Almost sure won't be able not sure depending on the times.

I was looking for Pnp stuff too, but this could give a you an idea about rules .

Night of Duels

wild_down_under

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 11:02:01 am »
*raises her hand*

For sure the War Mistress and her rothe will attend to represent her House.;)

-Shyntyl

Chazzler

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 07:10:44 am »
My characters depending on level ranges are able to attend depending on time for sure :)

Mooneyes

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 07:28:54 am »
I have three that would do nicely depending on the times.

Teo

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 08:45:43 am »
Okay, it looks like there will be a few people there, enough to make it worthwhile, hopeful. I am currently looking at a date to do this quest on, perhaps a Saturday night, but I need to check my schedule. I'll post here again when I get an idea, and get a calendar event going.

Thanks,
Teo