The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Awesome work from Lord Cove/Vincent!  (Read 475 times)

lonnarin

Awesome work from Lord Cove/Vincent!
« on: May 14, 2009, 12:57:11 am »
Had to chime in here to say that your last two chapters of the Dawn of Heroes series has been absolutely incredible.  The NPC interactions, plots, traps, encounters, everything has been top notch.  I particularly enjoyed how you set the scenes up in Hlint with the battles already in progress.  It Gave a nice sense of urgency to the whole experience.

Major, major kudos man!

The following users thanked this post: Leanthar, twidget658, miltonyorkcastle, LordCove, Masterjack, Pseudonym, Lynn1020, ystrday

Pseudonym

Re: Awesome work from Lord Cove/Vincent!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 02:10:09 am »
Agreed, a big thank you to LordCove for all the work he's been doing as GM over the last few months - the regular scheduled quests and the impromptus - but also a big thanks for maintaining his presence as an active WL in addition to fulfilling his GM duties.

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 11:42:53 am »
Good job!

pinkpowerbait

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 04:25:39 pm »
Oh goodness. I had SO much fun on your quest Vincent :) I cant believe I stayed up that late. Heck, I cant believe I still haven't been to bed... thanks to you and canislupis and psued...lol.. I am officially useless today *snores*

Pseudonym

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 08:57:04 am »
Again, awesome fun-enhancing kudos to LordCove. An impromptu in the Forest of Fog that LC couldn't possibly have had that much time to set up had danger, drama, desiccation, dreams, distraught damsels, disaster deflected, dastardly deaders and delightful diversion!

Thanks!

Lynn1020

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 08:09:30 pm »
Just have to say, another wonderful job by LordCove with the "Land of the Giants: Chasing a Rumour"!!

I had a great time. Even with the 'ranger' men stirring up trouble with the thought that the women should have stayed home. Either they were very brave or just plain dumb to say that with several powerful female mages and ...... Oma standing near by. ;)

And kudos to everyone that was there.  Raz, Fleur, Oma, Wren, Tralek, Vrebel, Ami, Storold and of course Hedessa! It was fun rp and I was laughing through the whole quest. It is nice to be able to have conflicts in the group and know that everyone is okay with it ooc.   I just wish we had turned Ami loose and found out what was deeper in the cave.  :p

Pseudonym

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 09:37:12 am »
I know it sounds like I have a full blown man-crush .. but AGAIN, great job from LordCove!!

Having been a GM for a while, I know what is 'hard' to manage during a quest and keep the flow going and keep things interesting for those playing. NPC faction changes, placeables being destroyed, NPCs panicking and running around, creating an immersive tension, having one NPC talking to player A while player B wants to scout around the back, etc, etc

On my CDQ tonight, all of these 'mechanics' that you don't want to 'see' as a player were handled smoothly, the RP challenges were there, we had to think, we had to improvise, we had to scramble, we had to throw away my plans every ten minutes and adopt new ones for the ever changing situation. The combat was real and dangerous and context appropriate and adroitly handled.

Thanks LordCove, my favourite GM! Well, in the top half dozen anyway.

Dezza

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 07:49:58 pm »
Lord Cove deserves the Kudo's Pseudo! His consistancy, his enthusiasm, his impromptu's, everything!

Its easy to forget that GM's do all this stuff for.....nothing...so when they do it a lot you have to at the very least take time to say thanks!

So...THANKS! LC

Aerimor

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 07:55:36 pm »
Kudos, Snickers, Milky Ways, and Butterfingers to Lord Cove.  

I was not even around for any of these things but with such strong praises from a reputable source.... and Pseud ;P,  he obviously deserves them.

And while I do hope to make the giant quest tomorrow, this was not a preemptive suck up.  In fact I heard a rumor... never mind, its not nice to spread rumors.  *grins*

~A

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 09:19:55 pm »
Quote from: Aerimor
Kudos, Snickers, Milky Ways, and Butterfingers to Lord Cove.

Don't forget Almond Joys and Rolo bars!  Lord Cove is equally as addictive.  GM style so gratifying, I gotta have a cigarette afterwards! :D