The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: BAD GM ing EDTHEKET  (Read 253 times)

ZeroVega

RE: BAD GM ing EDTHEKET
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 03:19:00 pm »
*sulks* I just don't get it... you're complaining about a natural Gnoll Spawn that the GM couldn't controll? :o

aragwen

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 03:19:00 pm »
I was on the quest as well and clearly remembered that Rashar stated to stay to the edge. We all could see the gnolls and could have been avoided.
I was way out in front when I suddenly realised we were under attack. No fault of Ed, you were looking for action the whole night and I guess you found it with the normal spawns.

Sorry but in my opinion you went looking for it. During the whole quest you were impatient and wanted it to move along.

I think it was a great quest.

Well done Ed.

Jacchri

steverimmer

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 03:19:00 pm »
Look...it was just bad luck you were too near the gnolls when they respawned, Ed had nothing to do with it and if I remember rightly he was possessing the Wemic at the time you were attacked.  I'm sure that it would be impossible to control a character and at the same time spawn creatures in just the right place to kill one character in the group.  Especially as at that time the group was rather strung out and he was somewhere near the front.

I can see that you're angry but if you think about it you'll see that it just couldn't have been done.  Also I've been here for quite a while now and I've never seen any GM ever do such a thing.  All in all it was a great quest, I really enjoyed it and from the other posts it seems that everyone else did too.  Its just a pity that you've had to go to this length to insult a gm who is doing this for the pure enjoyment of the players which also includes you.  If I were you, I'd turn off your computer go and sit down and think on this until you feel you can pm Ed with an apology.

orth

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 03:21:00 pm »
Tritomtic - 6/16/2005  6:17 PM

The only two people who know the truth, the player who was un-justly killed and the GM that did it.  

Tell me what other view points other players could have had? They were all ahead of me when it happend. I was not leading the pack. I was following and being more careful the anyone else.

please go back and look at your server logs and files. As head of Layonara it is up to you to make up your own mind if not already, against this player, based upon the facts.  

I have nothing more to say other then... VERY POOR GM ing.

YOU'RE JUST NOT LISTENING.  YOU WERE AMBUSHED BY A SPAWN.  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN,  AN AUTOMATIC SPAWN

DO YOU UNDERSTAND?? DO I NEED TO BE CLEARER? IT WAS NOT THE GM, IT WAS NOT THE GM, IT WAS NOT THE GM, IT WAS NOT THE GM, IT WAS NOT THE GM, IT WAS NOT THE GM, IT WAS NOT THE GM, IT WAS NOT THE GM, IT WAS NOT THE GM

EdTheKet

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 03:23:00 pm »
Allright, I will address the PM you sent me:
  Originally written by Tritomtic (6/16/2005  11:14 PM)

You arent very good at this GM thing are you? Just like griefing charters is not allowed in the game you should have just uninvited CAL when you didnt like being managed to develope the story line outside of your set plot.
  If this is how all the GMs are here then this game server has many problems.  The Architech will be notified.
  very low points for you as a GM. Learn to develop the plot with every charter. not just kill them off first. "REMEMBER. there is movement in every direction..."
  You have been managed.
 And your above post, although they're mostly the same anyway.
  I did not kill you off, a spawn of Gnolls of the Mercykiller tribe that always spawns in the area was responsible for your death. When you first went through the area I believe one of the players actually told the rest of the party to stay near the treeline or something to avoid those gnolls.  Then on the way back (when the objective of the quest was completed: retrieving the skin of a polar bear), they spawned, and it could be that one of the other party members triggered the spawn, and that the gnolls then targeted you, but I did not spawn or jump those gnolls on top of you. Actually, when they spawned I even ported several off them to Limbo so you guys would have an easier fight.
  As for not being flexible, I wonder on what you are basing that, as I take great pride in the quests I run, and always have different approaches players can take (and if they take one I didn't envisage, I don't have problems going ahead on the fly.)
  As for the accusation of needing to pay more for the boat trip, your character told the captain the party was bargaining with something like "why keep him alive" or "why not just kill him". He heard that and that's why he said it was a hundred gold more for you. If I had not wanted you along, I could have just made him say that you weren't welcome on his ship after threatening to kill him, don't you think?
  Anyway, that's all I have to say in the matter. I'd like to thank all the other party members for posting what happened.

Leanthar

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 03:29:00 pm »
You stated above "...Tell me what other view points other players could have had? They were all ahead of me when it happend. I was not leading the pack. I was following and being more careful the anyone else..."
  Many triggers are at the beginning of a zone and the party was spread out. It clearly was spawned by another player but the trigger location to spawn (spawn point) was near you.  So spawned by another player but the spawn point happened to be where you were.  That is not GM controlled that is a normal spawn and how the nwn spawn system works.

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 03:36:00 pm »
as i see my post are now being removed and edited by sysops...

insteed of wanting to communicate a disagreement... you want to have an argument.  Its not my world.  You set the rule and you can break them if you want to.  

At least you should own up to it.

end of line  / / / / /

Leanthar

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2005, 03:36:00 pm »
Clearly you are 100% in the wrong and you came to the forums to flame and vent, something we do not allow and you know that.  We do this out of the kindness of our heart and we do it for free and we donate dozens and dozens of hours every single month--for free.
  You owe EdTheKet an apology here on the forums as well as in a PM.  Until you do that do not log in to the world.  If you do log in to the world before doing that you will be banned.
  If you decide to start another flame thread you will be banned. If I hear that you are still carrying on about this nonsense via player tells and PM's, even with all of the proof from the players directly involved in this that backs up the GM you will be banned.
  Step back, turn off your computer, think about things then come back if you want to come back.
  I hope I am crystal clear on this.

Pankoki

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2005, 03:39:00 pm »
You are on page 2 of the thread. No posts have been deleted or edited.

Leanthar

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005, 03:41:00 pm »
We have not edited or removed any of your posts.  You are on the 2nd page of a 2 page thread, your other posts are on page 1.
  Clearly you do not want to be here and you just want to cause problems and clearly you are so excited and heated up that you do not want to verify what you are saying before saying it.
  I am not going to play these games, we have better things to do than to play this game. You are banned. 

KageKeeper

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2005, 03:44:00 pm »
Leanthar - 6/16/2005  3:41 PM You are banned.  
  w00t.

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2005, 03:46:00 pm »
yes, you have made your point,  the choice is yours not mine to make.  

You can play GOD with your own world if you want, it is your rules after all.

Pikcing up all your toys and going home is your option (banning me).

I still will seek to play in your world to seek to better the player life and to offer improvements for a better game experince. Is my option.

The choice as alaways and forever is now yours....

aragwen

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2005, 03:51:00 pm »
*shakes head*

All that was needed Tritomtic was "I am sorry Ed" or "I was wrong"

*continues to shakes head*

twidget658

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2005, 03:55:00 pm »
No kidding. I think I would give my left, well you know, to keep playing here. *holds groin*

freemen2

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2005, 05:41:00 pm »
LoL Twidge ;)

WoW some just don't learn *shakes head*

Trip1888

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2005, 05:52:00 pm »
Wow, I've been told I'm hard headed and I have a medical condition that gives me an anger management problem...but sheeeesh.  Even I know when to bite the bullet.  I have mixed feelings.  I never played with you on Layonara (at least I don't believe so), and I'm sorry you got banned, but you did deserve it.  So please do not come back here and vent some more.  I know you were/are angry about the quest, but you are wrong, I'm sorry to your pride.  Please refrain from coming back to the forums and venting aboutyour banning.  It won't be changed/will take some hard work to be changed and I'm sure venting some more about the banning will not help your position in any way.  Right now, do what my therapist suggests for me to do when I'm angry.  Grab a stress ball, and squeeze the heck out of it while breathing deeply with your eyes closed.  Continue until you calm down some then realize its just a game and sleep on it.  I'm sure you will think clearer and more sanely/calmly after some rest and calmly thinking about it.  I hope this helps.

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2005, 08:20:00 pm »
or you can destroy stuff with a 10 pound sledgehammer and a nail gun like i do at my gob site