The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bad news!  (Read 384 times)

bobby1361

Bad news!
« on: June 03, 2007, 05:04:23 am »
well yeah slightly bad school starts again tomorrow so I won't be on as much.but yeah most of you probably don't even care.Just lettin everyone know!

Kolskeggr

• Followers of Dorand
    • Followers of Folian S'pae
    • View Profile
Re: Bad news!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 06:47:44 am »
AAh, I care.  ;)   I'm sure you'll be back on before you know it.  Just make sure you get your studies done before you get on. A'arwynn will be keeping an eye out for you.

Kolskeggr

bobby1361

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 06:49:46 am »
Studies?Screw them!
I will still be comin on but not as much as this past week.

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 07:24:36 am »
suurrreee... just when I found someone to throw other people over cliffs with me ;)

Lynn1020

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 01:26:19 pm »
Studies should always come first!  We will be here when they are finished. ;)

Lynn1020 (Randi)

Dove de Dona Pheonix

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 01:32:52 pm »
    Hmm you could always just say that Layo was part of your sociology studies. ;)  Of course in my case I just tell people I am studying mediated communication. I might actually right a paper one of these and submit it to conference. Hmm thats not a bad idea actually, publish or perish after all.

bobby1361

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 03:04:44 pm »
    Studies are boring though.No fantasy type stuff.woo realistic science or realistic maths! exciting!

Thanks for reading and replyin to this!

Marswipp

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 03:14:46 pm »
    Quote from: Dove de Dona Pheonix
    Hmm you could always just say that Layo was part of your sociology studies. ;)  Of course in my case I just tell people I am studying mediated communication. I might actually right a paper one of these and submit it to conference. Hmm thats not a bad idea actually, publish or perish after all.

I think it goes better with acting (read Drama and/or Theater)...
    Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

bobby1361

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 03:34:14 pm »
    sociology studies are about social skills i think which involves communicating which we all do non layo therefore it goes with sociology studies best.

Marswipp

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 11:38:02 pm »
    You're not really allowed to be yourself if your character is completely different from what you really are.
    Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

bobby1361

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 01:17:10 pm »
    Quote from: Marswipp
    You're not really allowed to be yourself if your character is completely different from what you really are.

Who said my character is totaly different to me?

Dove de Dona Pheonix

• View Profile
      « Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 03:00:42 pm »
      Hmm sociology is the study of human interaction is society which Layo certainly is. You could also look at the cultural aspects from an anthropology stand point, some research has already been done in that field on groups like Layo. As for the Drama/Theater I think an argument could be made for it falling into Performance Studies but I refuse to publish in performance because those people are just crazy. :-D

ycleption

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 04:21:57 pm »
      roleplaying can be studied from just about any discipline. If you're really interested, see this CFP for ideas to get you started: Bryn Neuenschwander - Research - RPGs - Call for Papers :-)

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 12:44:59 am »
      Quote from: Dove de Dona Pheonix

Heh, I acctually wrote a paper for an Anthropology course once about, more generally, internet communities, but I drew a good deal on my experience within the layonara community.

XBlade

• View Profile
        « Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 05:32:29 pm »
        All this about school! Must be interesting!

Learn maths -without- letting 14 int Taric do it.
        Learn drama by -discovering- new ways to cast fireballs, or rerolling until you get a 20.
        Learn english by not doing so many typos. (Not a personal offence)
        Learn science by watching taric blow up the alchemy table a few times.
        Learn psychology by doing a wisdom check when I ask you to, to study Taric's body language. (*waves* = Hello)
        Learn french/german by teaching Taric erm...elven...
        Learn cookery by burning barley a few times in the oven.
        Learn buisness studies by getting romantic with Taric, then suddenly busting out with "Do you want this adventurine?" just as you take his hand.
        Learn geography by using expidious retreat several times and running around Port Hempstead until you -really- know the area.
        Learn ICT by typing.

And when you get to year 10 and 11 you can pass your GCSEs with flying colours if you follow the guidance above.

Taric/XBlade

p.s sorry I haven't been on for a while, I've got exams, I have a mathematics exam tomorrow morning and a job interview! :) I'll get back on as soon as I can!

bobby1361

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 01:45:08 pm »
        good luck with them Taric

bobby1361

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 01:46:49 pm »
        Learn buisness studies by getting romantic with Taric, then suddenly busting out with "Do you want this adventurine?" just as you take his hand.

About that...I had to say it or i would have forgotten!