The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Big thanks to Dezza  (Read 953 times)

jrizz

Big thanks to Dezza
« on: April 26, 2011, 02:47:31 pm »
I know when the plot quest concludes that we will all stand up a applaud Dezza for his works. I want to stand up in the middle of the chaos and say that the job he is currently doing is nothing short of amazing. He seems tireless in this effort. Dezza not only creates engaging write ups but he incorporates the endless stream of PC actions into every write up, which tells me he is also reading and replying to what must be a mountain of PMs. One of the great things that Dezza is doing with these write up is in how he portrays each PC so true to how they are played.

My deepest thanks go out to you Dezza for your work, creativity, and the energy you are putting into this effort.

Filatus

Re: Big thanks to Dezza
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 02:53:44 pm »
Dezza's frequent portrayals of the events are a joy to read. Ractrafiorez' surprise appearance at the Fort of Last Hope was epic.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:14:26 pm »
Indeed it was. Dezza has been one of my favorite GMs for near five years, and some of you are now seeing why.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 03:39:59 pm »
Ever since I got involved with Varka and the Re-building of Bloody Gate, I have looved his quests.  These write-ups have been awesome in their ability to not only give great atmosphere for the story, but also to keep the many whims of the player base involved.  I think its awesome!!

Dremora

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:05:43 pm »
Even though I have next to no ties to the Dragon Storm campaign I am chiming in to thank Dezza as well as any other GMs that helped behind the scenes (as I said im not sure whats been going on much in the DS campaign)!

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 05:22:35 pm »
Read the threads Dremora in the Dragon Storm Campaign forum.  There is lots of good stuff.

davidhoff

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 06:27:50 pm »
Agreed Dezza is doing an outstanding job.  The amount of material he's covering and the logistics of it all is unbelievable.  On top of that to run the actual ingame plot quests.  This is why I came to Layo and what sets it apart.

willhoff

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 07:26:36 pm »
I totally agree.  Dezza's superb managing of the amount of detail and all the many fronts and various side plots are mind boggling. Through the fantastic write ups and in game quests he's really set an epic stage were pc actions mean something and the scene is constantly changing.  Wow, lots of work, but its very much appreciated!

cbnicholson

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 09:12:01 am »
I'll chime in as well, Dezza has done an amazing job all around.  In fact, a group of us were half joking that he's made some characters look more heroic than they actually are ig. :D ;)
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

RollinsCat

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 09:13:41 am »
All I can add is when I'm reading the summaries, the pacing, and the victories and defeats; I feel like Andrew is in a war, not a quest.  *tips his hat*

Polak76

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 06:22:51 pm »
Well done mate!

Spike

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 06:38:25 pm »
Quote from: jrizz
I know when the plot quest concludes that we will all stand up a applaud Dezza for his works. I want to stand up in the middle of the chaos and say that the job he is currently doing is nothing short of amazing. He seems tireless in this effort. Dezza not only creates engaging write ups but he incorporates the endless stream of PC actions into every write up, which tells me he is also reading and replying to what must be a mountain of PMs. One of the great things that Dezza is doing with these write up is in how he portrays each PC so true to how they are played.

My deepest thanks go out to you Dezza for your work, creativity, and the energy you are putting into this effort.

Hear, hear!

Dezza

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 07:47:29 am »
Embarrassment! But thank you all, its much appreciated. Of course I can't take all the credit and it would be remiss of me to mention that there are others on the plot team trying to doing things as best they can with what time they have available.

I am glad everyone is enjoying whats going on. In an ideal world each and every step of the campaign would be played out in game. Reality and game limitations means this is not possible however so I'm glad people have embraced the write ups I've done as a means of expressing your characters roles that go on even when you're not in charge behind the computer screen.

I also find it gives people a chance, who just can't get to the plot quests to actually feel as if they have participated in some way. And..on the other side of the coin it gives us a chance to actually show you what some of these bad guys are like without the game mechanics mucking up the Ai and stuff like that..

As we always say, we can only do what we can do with the tools and time at our disposal..I actually enjoy trying to give each and every one of you opportunities to play out something that your character might be able to do outside of game mechanics, if its realistic and feasible of course...

incahootz

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 12:42:26 am »
I have to say the last post about Fort Hilm was unbelievable.

I'm slightly biased but I really feel as if I'm part of whats going on with the plot just by reading these things. And I'm finding out heaps about the world and whose in it and how it works too just by reading them.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 12:45:28 am »
*Thumbs up to Dezza*  Great work man.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 02:24:28 am »
Indeed. was a great experience to wake up and notice that one had killed a dragon .

Awesome job *Grins*

Tanman

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 10:16:06 am »
Thumbs up to you @Dezza. I know that there is a lot to manage and from watching the Forums and the quests that is running you are making it engaging. It sounds like its turning into a full time job!

Nevertheless, keep up the good work. :)