The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bioware user name and CD key  (Read 1141 times)

jrizz

Bioware user name and CD key
« on: October 25, 2016, 05:52:53 pm »
It has been a long time since I have played on Layo. But I would like to make a come back :-) One of my challenges is how do I get my bioware username and CD key that I used before. I guess I can get a new account but how do I associate my character with me :-) Cheers,John

The following users thanked this post: Acacea, jadewillow, willhoff

Acacea

Good news, everyone! You
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 08:43:20 pm »

Good news, everyone! You don't actually need your CD-key or Bioware password. The authentication went down forever ago, so you can just use your old login (jkane00) and type whatever for the password.

jrizz

Thanks for the info. I do
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 03:42:24 pm »

Thanks for the info. I do rememebr that this happend. But don;t I still need a CD-key to connect my account to my character for things like sending letters and being able to see my character's states/inventory online? Maybe I am just not recalling things correctly. 

John

jrizz

Thanks for the info. I do
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 03:42:31 pm »

Thanks for the info. I do rememebr that this happend. But don;t I still need a CD-key to connect my account to my character for things like sending letters and being able to see my character's states/inventory online? Maybe I am just not recalling things correctly. 

John

Acacea

Kinda, yeah. It's possible
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 04:19:55 pm »

Kinda, yeah. It's possible orth or Dorg might be able to help you out there, but the while the character records (stats, inventories) and such are still viewable if you add those characters to your forum account, they have not updated since the new forums, so are of limited use. Acacea's feet slot is usually empty, for example, but her sheet shows her as wearing the boots she permed in and gave away to return ;) 

The main thing (besides, you know,  having your characters under your name) is the bird messages, which orth resurrected and work, again. You got me on that one, since I love me some bird messages. I miss the days of my halfling trying to tackle other people's notes as they were dropped... though I suspect those whose mail was stolen miss them less. 

ystrday

Hope Wren has a good excuse
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 04:26:17 pm »

Hope Wren has a good excuse for Tegan why it took so LONG to come back from the market with the milk. =P