The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Changing Badges  (Read 833 times)

merlin34baseball

Changing Badges
« on: April 29, 2014, 10:54:30 am »
Hello Folks,How do you change, update, add badges to your profile? I can find where you reorder them but no where can I find how to remove an old one and add a new one. I'm sure its very simple but I'm just not seeing it.Thanks!

Dorganath

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 01:42:57 pm »

Badges are generally set by roles, and roles are (presently) set by administrators. The site can infer some of this information (for instance, the deity-specific badges) by what characters are associated with your account.  At least this did work before last year's crash. I haven't had cause to verify this yet in a manual sense.

If you believe a particular badge applies to you but which you do not posess, let us know.

merlin34baseball

I don't think it's updating
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 03:53:57 pm »

I don't think it's updating if it is supposed to on its own. I havn't had an Ilisarian in a long time but still have the badge. I added a Toranite but no badge was put on. Thats what I was trying to do was delete my Ilsarian one and add my Toranite one. It's no big deal though if it doesn't work. I just thought I could do it myself.

Dorganath

*nods* I think this is tied
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 08:25:56 am »

*nods* I think this is tied to the character update mechanism, which wasn't working at last look.  If it was working, associating that character with your account in your profile would do the trick...or at least that's how it worked before we lost the site last year.

You can't really do it yourself in any other way, but we'll be happy to make the change for you. It's no different than the process of getting access to a particular deity forum.

So to be clear, you'd like to remove Ilsare and add Toran?

merlin34baseball

If it's not a hassle sure! if
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 02:39:02 pm »

If it's not a hassle sure! if its a hassle dont worry about it Dorg.

Dorganath

Hassle-free and done.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 02:59:57 pm »

Hassle-free and done.