The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Character Approvers  (Read 257 times)

Pseudonym

Character Approvers
« on: May 04, 2007, 03:14:08 am »
Inspired by Merlin34Baseball's 'good post' I just wanted to make another positive statement!

People have been so quick to denigrate Layo of late. See L's recent post - can you blame the guy? Anyway, I cast my mind back to when I started here and submitted my first (of many!) character and then .... waited .... and waited .... and waited .... and waited for approval.

How good/responsive/thought-provoking/constructive are those on the character approvers team now?!!? I think they are doing an unbelieveable job. I can't quite work out when they must sleep or work or whatever but I shouldn't question my fortune (as a member of the layo community) to have these people in the job that are there now.

I applaud their efforts.

PS. If you agree with me, don't forget to tick the thanks button, Tanman is beating me! hahahahaha

gilshem ironstone

Re: Character Approvers
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 03:51:50 am »
I remember my first PC submission.  All I knew is that I wanted the bar to be set high, and so far everything here has been stellar.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 06:50:35 am »
Every approval I've ever submitted for (somewhere around eleven) has gone smoothly and, with one or two exceptions, swiftly. And those one or two were because it was for rather unusual concepts.

You guys have been doing an amazing job.

LordCove

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 07:04:00 am »
Yup *points up*

And if it does take a little time, please be patient and try and understand why they have to be so thorough.

We don't want flood's of characters who can suddenly speak Draconic or read Celestial runes because of a few sentences in their bio.
Or character's who have blood ties with fallen God's or Royalty, because they don't want to have to deny CDQ's where people want to "run a CDQ to earn my place in the heavens" or " find the kingdom where I will rule" or earn that "Sword of God +10"....

....er....no matter how good the above may sound.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 09:53:15 am »
I can definately add a good job here as well.  The character approvers are running a tight ship right now.  Thank you to all who volunteer thier time for this.

Faldred

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 10:05:57 am »
Quote from: Pseudonym
I can't quite work out when they must sleep or work or whatever

*blushes*  Just trying to do my part for the community...

As for sleeping, working, etc., I think one of the criteria used in the last selection process was to try to get approvers who were geographically distributed so that there would be better round-the-clock "coverage".

I know I've been a bit busy in RL recently, and so the others have picked up the slack for me, but as of next week, I should be critiquing in full force again.  8)

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 10:16:47 am »
**applauds for the character approvers**
I think you guys are darn patient people... That's a rare thing to find sometimes :) Kudos to you all, and thanks for always helping us make great and well-rounded characters.

anything