The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: An odd request... again  (Read 234 times)

Witch Hunter

An odd request... again
« on: March 11, 2007, 06:46:28 pm »
Alright - i'll begin by stating that this is simply a request, by no means a demand and I am sorry if I sound rude in one way or another.

Alright so here we go... a while ago the dev team added a nice little barn right outside Hempstead for a reason... one which isn't really noticed by all the fancy shmancy computer-users out there but very much noticable to the less than average machine...

Horses and Oxens lag... especially when theres five of each in the same map - I can barely move in Hempstead due to this, and I know a few others that share the same problem.

Please... it's a two minute walk max... just drop them in the stable... I'd love to go buy a new computer to make your life easier (and mine for that matter:rolleyes: ) but I lack the funds... so really, for the sake of the many old computers in the community... use the barn... x.x....

Many thanks to whoever listens.
~Witch

Laldiien

Re: An odd request... again
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 07:29:22 pm »
Quote from: Witch Hunter
Alright - i'll begin by stating that this is simply a request, by no means a demand and I am sorry if I sound rude in one way or another.
**SNIP**
~Witch

Not rude at all.  We as players asked for it.  Some are choosing to not avail themselves.  I watched a Player park thier ox right inside The Tribute to Allurial zone and I am sad to say I failed to ask why.

There was a comment made when the original request was made that the players would take care of this when the bard was put in place.  It would appear that not to be the case.  Not sure if it constitutes griefing, but it certainly constitutes ill-mannered behaviour.

Nothing will change until the players are directly challenged.

hawklen

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 08:13:26 pm »
Make a script that after so long in one spot, the ox explodes

*grins*

Redhawk

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 08:36:08 pm »
or... oxen need to feed, just like our characters need to feed. The barn means, you don't need to feed them.  *shrugs*

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 08:45:23 pm »
Heh... Kinai has her own way of dealing with randomly placed oxen and horses now, it seems. She just has to have her little buddy help out a bit. ;) Cough, cough, Hawklen.

Anyhow, about the horses and such... I agree totally with you, Witch_Hunter. It drives me up the wall and makes me crash so much! Just plain people riding in on horses is a 50/50 chance if NWN crashes or stays.

Only you can prevent exploding animals. Stable them, please.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 01:32:32 pm »
I noticed that the oxen are starting to be left in the crafthouses already.  I hope we are not going to be having a resurgence of this problem.  And making the horses and oxen invisible is only a temporary solution.  Though I think some folks may not like that happening.  Me, I can see invisiblity so I do not mind ...

With the oxen scattered about, sure makes my system a tad laggy, but I figure better there than out in the wilds during battle ...

Philosopher

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 01:46:22 pm »
Quote from: Jilseponie Wyndon
I noticed that the oxen are starting to be left in the crafthouses already.  I hope we are not going to be having a resurgence of this problem.  And making the horses and oxen invisible is only a temporary solution.  Though I think some folks may not like that happening.  Me, I can see invisiblity so I do not mind ...

With the oxen scattered about, sure makes my system a tad laggy, but I figure better there than out in the wilds during battle ...

Yup, and it's not my ox! I swear!
The oxen don't lag up my puter, but it does get annoying when I walk over to the tailors table and there's an ox wedged in the side of the tailoring table, and I find it difficult to click on it. When I click on the ox for it to move, it just stamps the life out of everything and gets in the way of other stuff -- it's also bad RP, but who am I to judge?

Witch Hunter

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 01:58:33 pm »
Well Ox lag less though they still do... but the horses are HORRIBLE!

Yesterday I counted nearly 5 horses around Hempstead, I could barely move there!