The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Checking in.  (Read 638 times)

Stephen_Zuckerman

Checking in.
« on: July 11, 2007, 07:17:51 pm »
Aloha.

It's been quite a while since anyone's seen me online, and for good reason - for the past several weeks, I've been doing just as I said I would a month or two ago:

Moving.

It's been rough, and I STILL don't have my 'net set up, but thanks to my grandmonster's (ahem; grandmother's) laptop, I can still stop in to drop a few posts and say hey. For the moment, leastwise.

I'm healthy and hale, as is my girlfriend, and our apartment is tiny. We're making do, however. I quit Arby's, and am currently working at a kennel called Paws Playhouse and searching for another job. Money's extremely tight, but, well, that's life. I'm piggybacking WiFi from a neighbor (and I asked him first, even), so for the time being, I'll have free internet. Once I get my wireless adapter installed, leastwise.

Soon as I get home, I'm installing it and getting on. ;)

My most sincere apologies to any whose quests I've missed, to all the players I've missed (and I have missed you!), and to the Server, for not sacrificing the slowly-regenerating pieces of my soul it's so accustomed to devouring. :)

Time... Time for playing will be wonky and sporadic until my hours settle out - at the moment I'm On Call at Paw's Playhouse, and searching for another job. But never fear, I'll have hours to put into this grand ol' place even in the midst of madness.

For now, I need to go load up the car and head to dinner with the 'folks.

Free food is nice.

Cheers, and luck to you,
~Stephen

Edit: If there's any news about Nibor, I'm really anxious to hear... Been a bit worried.

The following users thanked this post: LynnJuniper

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Checking in.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 07:36:41 pm »
Glad to see you're still alive and kicking. "Broke" is my middle name. I feel ya.

Skywatcher

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 03:04:40 am »
Good to hear from you

kenty191

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 07:25:02 am »
Hey Stephen! Glad to hear all is well and I hope our sporadic patches of log in time co-incide at some point!

See ya' Soon
Dan
:)

Chazzler

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 12:11:06 pm »
All the best to you mate, and come back soon, heheh!

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 09:40:47 pm »
So, the wireless adapter didn't work - none of the FOUR I've got. Living under ground as I do sortof makes it a bit hard to get signal.

For now, multiplayer NWN is going to be a no-go; that also mean no DM-interview for Stephen this time around. Next year. Next year...

Until I find a reliable way to get internet to good ol' Th1ng (my computer), I won't be able to get onto Layonara, at least not in-game. I should be able to access the forums from outside in my car, or on the front porch, once I get my grandmother's laptop (the other one, not the one I'm using now - it's a dinosaur but at least it crawls...).

I think I'll name the laptop Pugsley. I'm running out of family members. ;)

I miss you guys.

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 09:47:50 pm »
I miss you too :(

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 10:58:11 pm »
*hugs Stephen*

What?  *shifty eyes*

Silence, I know what happens!  Don't tempt me!!!

s0ulz

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 04:10:28 am »
All the best Stephen, we're all waiting on you.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 01:47:46 pm »
Shoulda, woulda, coulda. *Sigh.*

Seems that the laptop's not going to work for internet, either... So it'll be waiting until I can either afford internet of my own, or until my apartment complex comes through with its promises and sets up their computer lab thingy.

Other than that, money's tight but not stranglingly so, everyone's more or less healthy, and I'm still cleaning up after dogs for an almost-living.

One thing's for sure... When I moved out to start my own life, I certainly hit the ground running... But I still hit that ground pretty hard.

Look forward to seeing you guys in realtime whenever I can make this work; give me a call at (posted of my own free will, with full understanding of the security risk I'm giving myself) 678-779-0708. Cell phone, leave a message if I don't pick up.

Having nothing to do in my free time but clean and play NetHack is getting brain-numbing.