The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Problems with Cd-key, again  (Read 92 times)

Xavori

• View Profile
    Problems with Cd-key, again
    « on: April 30, 2005, 11:12:00 pm »
    Hello! Maybe you remember me from some months ago, maybe you don't. Either way, I tried to get my cd key to work so I could log in into the server. Now I have my 3 Cd keys working in my account. Just when I thought all my problems were solved and I could finally log into Layonara... I get a message after my attempt to log in which reads "Your CD key is still in use. Please wait 5 minutes", but this doesn't happen only with Layonara: it happens with every server I try to get into, even though my cd keys work and everything!
    And yes, I did wait for more than 5 minutes and then tried again to log, to the same end.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated for this issue.

Xavori

• View Profile
      RE: Problems with Cd-key, again
      « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 11:43:00 pm »
      I tried with some friends the following: they lend me their accounts and I tried to log in to any server... and I got the same problem, in any server, even though their accounts work for them.

EdTheKet

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 02:18:00 am »
      Weird (and have no idea to fix it , maybe re-install?)

Aurhinius

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 02:45:00 am »
      Are you using a router or firewall?  I am wondering if your client is not recieving a correct response from the servers that you can join. If it is being blocked it is possible that you are being told the CD key is use but it is not.

Aurhinius

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 02:49:00 am »
      Also are you using gamespy to connect or are you trying to connect direct to the IP address?

Please try if not to connect direct to the IP address of the server.

Xavori

• View Profile
        « Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 12:43:00 pm »
        I tried to connect directly and indirectly, and my firewall allows me to play, I checked that the applications that NWN uses aren't blocked. Maybe there's a way of allowing NWN to work without disabling the firewall completely?
        I'm using a router and a firewall, Shaw Secure, but none of them gave me problems in the past. Ideas?

Edit: I managed to find where I could allow the ports that Bioware says to open in their Technical FAQ in my firewall. However, I think that my router may be the problem now, because I already tried to play on multiplayer with this changes and I still have the same problem. I checked the web page of Port Forwarding that Bioware recommends, but I can't find the Router that I'm using. How can I forward my port, whatever that is?

Edit #2: I just figured out how to use a static IP, but it still doesn't work.

Xavori

• View Profile
          « Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 05:35:00 pm »
          Most recent news! I have managed to create a permanent static IP, thus I don't get the same message of error again: instead, I get one that reads "Your CD key is not authorized" and I have the 3 of them authorized at the bioware web page! Ideas? Suggestions?

Aurhinius

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 01:53:00 am »
          Try to completely disable your firewall just to test if it works. Make sure if you are using windows XP you have that disabled too. Also a lot of Routers have firewalls.

What router do you have?

Xavori

• View Profile
            « Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 08:59:00 am »
            I have honestly no idea what Router I have. I have one big device that I was told that is the Router, which has "Terayon" written on it as the only name of a brand or company. Then I have another thingy, this one smaller, which seems to be called "Switch 5" but I don't think it has anything to do. If the router has a firewall, I'm not aware of it, because I never had any issues with it. I tried disabling my firewall, and now I only get the message "CD key not authorized", which I suppose is an... improvement, even though I can't still log into any server.

Xavori

• View Profile
              « Reply #9 on: May 02, 2005, 09:38:00 pm »
              Good news people: I got in! I don't know how, but I did! This night I logged and created my character and everything! I love this place! Go Layo, Go Layo!

See you in the server!

Leanthar

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 09:40:00 pm »
              Glad to hear that.

Xavori

• View Profile
                « Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 11:19:00 am »
                Bad news... it seems that this isn't my problem anymore, because right now I can't log to the server due to the annoying "Your cd key is still in use" message, and I could play last night. Is it possible that someone shares at least one of my cd keys that I have registered in the nwn.bioware.com site?  :o If it is, I really don't know what to do know.

Leanthar

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 11:45:00 am »
                I would call Bioware and find out what is happening.  It does sound like somebody out there has a key that you also have.  Though I do know that Gamespy does have problems with the key in use message from time to time.

Xavori

• View Profile
                  « Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 05:07:00 pm »
                  I know, that's why I sent an email about this to Bioware, because it seems to me that it's quite possible to register the same cd key in two accounts. If I could log in at some point, but now I can't do it again, then chances are that I share at least one of the cd keys.
                  By the way, it's true that there is in fact a problem with logging in recently, Bioware Support said that in a response to my emails. I hope they can fix it.

anything