The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Colored spell, class and ability icons. Hands too!  (Read 1322 times)

Chongo

Re: Colored spell, class and ability icons. Hands too!
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 11:22:35 pm »
Yeah, I'll admit - it took a while for me to get used to it.

Gulnyr

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 02:40:58 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
I used it too for a time, but it was getting hard to tell the health status since the bar doesn't go down it just scales down with different colors for each steps. The rest though I loved. If i could find a way to disable the scaling of the health bar I would use it again.

The colored health bar thing is on a file called pnl_party_bar.tga .  If you remove that from the override folder, the background rainbow colors will be gone, which makes it easier to tell how low a character's hps are.  The blue hp bar will still be there rather than a red one, though.

The pnl_party_bar.tga also has the shortcut buttons for the map and character sheet and such, but it's an override so they won't be missing if you delete the file.  I think the file just makes them more transparent and changes the highlight color.

I'll try to play around with the .tga later today.  Maybe I can make a few replacement versions that will suit various tastes (I think the light blue against the rainbow is a little too low-contrast also).

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 03:28:14 pm »
Wow. Rock on, Gulnyr.

Hellblazer

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 06:29:09 pm »
Thanks Gulnyr. I liked the transparency of the map shortcut and other things. The only real bug i had was with the health bar. Loved the blue color though. So if you can get rid of that rainbow color, but keep the rest that would be really great.

Chongo

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 11:40:48 pm »
Pretty cool Gulnyr.  Contrast is definitely the issue.  My eyes are spastic to begin with in regard to darting to the upper right corner every millisecond... and the contrast has made periphery impossible.  The blue is an issue - the GUI would be fantastic if it were back to red or perhaps a color that pops more.

As an aside, it's either that 1) I never noticed Layo had done this and I'm fuzzy on how it fits into lore, or 2) It's from the GUI - but the standard moonlight skybox has a big green moon.  I didn't notice it until the GUI addition, so I was curious if it was from that, and if so, if you knew how to remove it.

Hellblazer

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 01:31:52 am »
that's layo some sky box shows the second moon. Since layo has two moon, one silvery lie and one green if my memory is right.

Weeblie

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 04:36:51 am »
If anyone is curious, this particular stripped down version is pretty much what I and Akata are using.

I found many of the extra coloring to be highly annoying and pulled them out, along with some of the transparencies. The HP bar is of course also "fixed". The blue color is remaining and so is the "rainbow" background; although the background was darkened (a lot) so it's no longer (in my opinion) a burden.

After all, the HP bar is even more important for someone playing a cleric. ;)

Note: The files are of course supposed to go into the override folder!

Thief Of Navarre

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 05:55:17 am »
    I like the hands and spell colouring, ditches the class and feat colouring... it looked tacky!

Gulnyr

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2009, 11:34:26 am »
    I had some connectivity issues last night.  Sorry about that.  I'll post a couple of modified files soon.

Gulnyr

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 02:27:00 pm »
    Quote from: Chongo
    As an aside, it's either that 1) I never noticed Layo had done this and I'm fuzzy on how it fits into lore, or 2) It's from the GUI - but the standard moonlight skybox has a big green moon.  I didn't notice it until the GUI addition, so I was curious if it was from that, and if so, if you knew how to remove it.

This is in the override.  There are two files, one called skyn_001.tga and the other wskyn_001.tga .  They look identical, same size and everything.  There's no green moon around Layonara, by the way.  As stated here, Orn is white and Ausir silvery.  On the night sky map, Ausir even looks a little blueish.  I played around with the image a bit and made it look more like Layonara's double-full-moon night sky, with a smaller, white moon and a larger, slightly blueish moon.

Also, I found the hp bar color.  It's part of a file called gui_boxes_ingame.tga, which is overflowing with a bunch of colored bits that overall look like some sort of funky piano keys.  Again, it's an override, so deleting it won't break anything, though I'm not sure if any of the colors besides the hp bar were changed.

Here's what's in the attached .rar files:
    • Sky1 and Sky2 - The modified skybox images.  No more green moon (I hope).
    • New Options (all foldered up for your convenience)
      • BLACK folder - contains the pnl_party_bar.tga with a pure black background behind the hp bar.
      • RED folder - contains the pnl_party_bar.tga with a gradient red background behind the hp bar (fades from dull red to black, top to bottom).
      • BLUE folder - contains the pnl_party_bar.tga with a gradient blue background behind the hp bar (fades from dull blue to black, top to bottom).
      • GRAD folder - contains a toned down version of the original graduated rainbow background behind the hp bar (or try Weeblie's version; I didn't test mine too much, but it has better contrast than the original override).
      • RED HP folder - contains a modified gui_boxes_ingame.tga that returns the hp bar to red.  You'd probably get the same result from just deleting the one in there, but I'm including this in case there are other color changes in the file that match up elsewhere better than default colors.

Hellblazer

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 12:51:26 am »
    that's cool but for some reason I do see a green moon on some area too, not using your files here for the sky box yet.

Will try your files thanks.

Oh and big thumbs up for the health bar.

Thief Of Navarre

• View Profile
      « Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 07:55:24 am »
      Nice to see this got stickied :)

anything