The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Coming Back and Wanting to Play (and needing help)  (Read 367 times)

DiegoBastet

Coming Back and Wanting to Play (and needing help)
« on: January 06, 2010, 08:26:07 am »
Hello community of Layonara. I have been far from here for quite a long time. Actually I think it's been almost two years since I last played. As we all know we all have to deal with the terrible Real Life, and between college, job, my D&D campaign, and preparations to live with my girlfriend I don't really have enought time to dedicate myself as I really wanted.

However, now that things are settling I want to get my prized copy of NWN (for those who remember me from back them, can remember the HELL I went to get myself a copy!) and installing it and trying to play a new char. Actually, I want to get back to be a (half) active member of the community.

As I have need for help, and I don't know where to post this, i'm posting here so I won't make any kind of forum-related-social-mistake.

The thing is, I have a concept fairly well in my mind of what I want to play (thanks the years as a DM, creating chars is easy), but  don't have as much  experience as I wanted with the regions of the world, and to create a good BG I need some help about this:

-The char is to be a Xeenite priestess, but the important part is that she is supposed to be one of those young that is kept in slavery in brothels and then raises to a position of influence, or something around that. The unwilling beggining on the religion is actually the most important part. Looking at LORE I can see cities with more Xeenite influence, but I need to know the "persona" of some cities. Something where this terrible practice of more-or-less-slavery do happens, and somewhere with a big black market / thief influence / governed by crime. No no, my char isn't a villain, its just part of her whole concept.

Could someone with more experience point me a good place for such, and better yet, explain a little about the subject? I would be mostly grateful for the help, and I can even pay it in the form of a character drawing if someone find the time to give some extensive help (I'm not buying anyone, I just like to draw and in my ignorance I imagine that giving extensive help is going to be a pain in the *** (I used the * on purpose, I did not type the word) so a payment seem honorable).

-About humans, their skin and hair colors. Are there regions with specific looks? Like a place where humans have usualy olive skin and green eyes, or where they tend to have red hair or whatever?

In any case, thanks for the help and more importantly:

I'm back at home!

Script Wrecked

Re: Coming Back and Wanting to Play (and needing help)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:09:45 am »
Katherian (formerly Karthy) on Alindor has a (the) Xeenite temple and has a slave market. Seems like that's the place.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

EdTheKet

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 10:36:35 am »
Katherian would work, although it's description on LORE is very old (and will be updated in the future).

As for humans go to LORE: Human
and the Racial Traits in particular.

Serissa

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 10:53:26 am »
Eliza still has a credit of 3,590 trues with the Angels Guild from her last transaction on 6/1/07.

DiegoBastet

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 09:16:37 pm »
Thanks for the place. I shall take a look at it in the LORE, but of course I still have problems to find myself in the map and the cities, specially because I was never high level and couldn't travel to any places because of level restrictions (of course, this should be different now).

But just for the sake of completion: Is there any other slave market / crime city / city full of underworld? I wish to have some options, you know.

And serissa, does she still have it? Wow. I'll be mostly not playing her anymore, specially because of what would be her actual age, but in any case it's good to have this sense of belonging.

LightlyFrosted

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 02:02:08 am »
Well, Fort Vehl (formerly Velensk, if memory serves) is the starting 'seedy' town.  It's said, when you shake hands with someone in Vehl, you first count your money, then your fingers, then your relatives.  That said, I don't know if it's necessarily what you're looking for.  It's more..  seedy, with a significant criminal population, than anything else.

Alternately, there's always opportunities for evil in Arnax, but that's a little further afield.

DiegoBastet

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 06:46:34 am »
Fort Vehl... It's a good option also, it's got an outlaw town mindset, like the campital of Amn in Forgotten Reals... Still I'll have to look at both. And Arnax too. Thanks again.

anything