The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Current state of Layonara?  (Read 3519 times)

Polak

Current state of Layonara?
« on: March 08, 2021, 11:38:23 pm »
Hi all.

I thought I'd try NWN EE and noticed my old favourite place Layo has made the migration.  I was considering coming back and having a look around but wanted to check in first to see how things are.
Are the same old rules in place from long ago or have the rules eased up on RP?  I noticed some people running around over lvl 40 and thought that things must have eased up as it took me years to get to 20.

My old char was Ramanon Vensk for those that may remember.  Age, work and kids make it hard to invest much time for strict RP so I'm looking for a nice combination of action & RP in short bursts.

Look forward to your feedback.

Cheers,
Polak.

The following users thanked this post: Chuckles_McChuck, miltonyorkcastle, Hellblazer, Riven, davidhoff, willhoff

willhoff

Re: Current state of Layonara?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 01:23:31 am »
Hello Polak,

Orth has taken over Layo and resurrected it!  Jump in to see the changes. Many areas have been upgraded and look incredible.  Level cap is now at 45 max (only server I know of in nwn does this and might go higher...).  Rp rules from past are much relaxed and it's chill here.  Folks gathering for adventure, fun, to challenge their characters and rp is atill top notch.

So much more you have to discover youself.  Jump in!

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Hellblazer, davidhoff, Polak

Polak

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 03:45:26 am »
Hey buddy, how have you been?  Thanks for the update.

Orth, now that's a name I haven't heard for a long while.  G'day Orth.

I'll jump in when I can.  Some of the content is old here so I'm slowly catching up with things.  Are we still doing character Bio's before creation?  I'll start dreaming up a new Char.  I'll also drag Hoodlum here as well.  He and I were talking about coming back here some time ago.

Hopefully see you around IG. 

Cheers,

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, davidhoff, willhoff

Lily

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 06:15:49 am »
Welcome back! Your old characters should still be around and can still play them. New characters still require a submission to the forums. But let me assure you, it is not as strict as it used to be and you don't have to write a whole novel any more ;)

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, Polak

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2021, 07:05:05 am »
And if you join our Discord server, you can chat with us about whatever, ask questions, etc. There are still a ton of custom and unique systems, and (re)learning all of them might take a minute.

Invite for Discord: https://discord.gg/FNVmPsCR (the link only lasts a day, but it's not hard to find the server, or for me to send you another invite link).

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer, Polak

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2021, 10:31:17 am »
One thing that has changed

It is a lot easier to get through the lower to mid levels (1-20) due to a nice system that Orth has developed which provides less grinding than just going out to kill monsters, and it also fosters teaming. This will also have a big impact on the rest of the progression as it scales.

Rp well, while there's no partying level gap rules anymore, RP is still very much fun as always.

The following users thanked this post: Polak

Polak

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2021, 04:17:09 pm »
Nice to see all the familiar names again.  Hope you are all very well.

I'll start dreaming up a new character or three.

Cheers,
Polak

The following users thanked this post: silverblades, davidhoff

Polak

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 10:59:54 pm »
Welcome back! Your old characters should still be around and can still play them. New characters still require a submission to the forums. But let me assure you, it is not as strict as it used to be and you don't have to write a whole novel any more ;)

Hi Lily, its been ages since I've been here.  I've since changed PC's, certainly my CD keys are new and I couldn't even remember my old login.  Is it still possible I can get access to those old chars?  If so what do i need to do?

Cheers, Polak.

The following users thanked this post: willhoff

willhoff

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 11:51:13 pm »
Create a test character and Orth usually can port over yer old characters

Good hearing from you Polak.  I'm doing good and gettin older but that beats the alternative!   Was Azptol one of your characters?

Polak

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 02:41:41 am »
Create a test character and Orth usually can port over yer old characters

Good hearing from you Polak.  I'm doing good and gettin older but that beats the alternative!   Was Azptol one of your characters?

The only one I can think of is Ramanon Vensk.  Got him pretty far by ECDQ's.  I'm sure i have a handful of others as i find it pretty hard sticking to one.  I'll create a new char called "TEST-polak" and see how we go.

Cheers!

Polak

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 02:59:57 am »
okay done.  I've created TEST-polak.  Lets see if this works.  I'll send Orth a PM.

The following users thanked this post: willhoff

willhoff

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 04:24:51 am »
Best way to communicate is on discord....I let Orth know in discord

The following users thanked this post: Polak

Chuckles_McChuck

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 07:02:36 am »
Welcome back Polak!  I'm sure we met at some point in the early days, I look forward to seeing you in-game sometime soon.

Layonara has been beautifully evolving since switching to NWN: EE thanks to the efforts of our current team and the current community is very friendly and supportive as well.

Milty and Lily are also being active DM's at the time, throwing in unique adventures every once in a while for added excitement.

It's a good time to return  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Hellblazer

Polak

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 01:36:51 pm »
GDay Chuckles. Yes I remember you.  Looking forward to seeing what the world looks like now.