The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Custom Portraits  (Read 30835 times)

Filatus

Re: Custom Portraits
« Reply #480 on: June 22, 2011, 09:39:56 am »

Hellblazer

« Reply #481 on: June 23, 2011, 04:25:12 am »
A portrait I worked on recently that isn't going to be used. If any one wants it, go ahead and enjoy.

Gulnyr

« Reply #482 on: July 18, 2011, 11:30:43 am »
Iri Ambercress

Mooneyes

« Reply #483 on: July 18, 2011, 02:34:07 pm »
Magical Beauty taken *winks**

Chongo

« Reply #484 on: July 27, 2011, 12:15:50 am »
Haels Bryjun

Alatriel

« Reply #485 on: September 02, 2011, 11:42:13 pm »
Just in case people don't have this one, this is Katar's portrait.

drakogear

« Reply #486 on: January 04, 2012, 02:01:10 pm »
A few Portraits for me characters.

First is Dagon

Second and third are Alexander.

Lindel

« Reply #487 on: January 17, 2012, 12:27:00 pm »
Here is Ixidor Whisperwind's portrait! Took me a while to crop it and everything har!

Guardian 452

« Reply #488 on: February 17, 2012, 05:50:57 pm »
I thought I had added Myrddyn I guess not.

Here is
Myrddyn Reynolt

Link092

« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2012, 04:15:31 pm »
Andrea, as kindly hijacked from the artist, k_atrina

orth

« Reply #490 on: March 01, 2012, 09:29:18 pm »
Just prepping for the forum move I've updated the portrait pack to be current. Some of the portraits were unfortunately on megaupload and we all know what happened to them.

http://nwn.layonara.com/downloads/optional_files/LayoPortraitsPack.rar

This also included updating the picture that LORE displays as per G-452's question here.

davidhoff

« Reply #491 on: March 02, 2012, 01:13:15 am »
I've never tried to use the custom portraits before...so a newbe question here:  I downloaded the attached portrait file provided below by Orth and stuck all the tga files in a new folder I created called C:nwn/portraits.  Is that all I have to do to view portraits now?  I pulled up a few folks in LORE and I'm still getting the old portraits (like the generic dark hooded one).  Did I miss a step?

Thanks

Guardian 452

« Reply #492 on: March 02, 2012, 01:50:58 am »
I just learned this as well... LORE is seperate from that portrait pack. The team has to go add the portraits to LORE manually before you will see them.

http://forums.layonara.com/ask-gamemaster/285310-lore-portrait-question.html

That pack just lets you see all that are in it... in game.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #493 on: March 02, 2012, 06:38:36 am »
Quote from: davidhoff
I've never tried to use the custom portraits before...so a newbe question here:  I downloaded the attached portrait file provided below by Orth and stuck all the tga files in a new folder I created called C:nwn/portraits.  Is that all I have to do to view portraits now?  I pulled up a few folks in LORE and I'm still getting the old portraits (like the generic dark hooded one).  Did I miss a step?

Thanks

Firstly, the new portraits folder you made should be under the main Neverwinter Nights folder.  The same folder that contains the haks, override, local vault, logs folders, etc.

Second, each character's portrait should consist of five .tga files.  The portraits in the portrait pack likely come with all five of those files compressed into a single zip or rar file... So, you'll need to unzip, or unrar them before placing them into the portraits folder.

Last, the portraits visible on LORE should show up on LORE regardless of whether you've got the portrait installed on your own computer, however, you may need to refresh (try pressing your F5 key) the LORE page to get them to appear.

davidhoff

« Reply #494 on: March 02, 2012, 08:36:07 am »
Thanks for the response Nehetsrev, but I'm still not seeing the custom portraits on LORE.  I did all you said:

Firstly - Check; portraits folder is a subset of the main nwn folder
Secondly - Check; noted that all five tga files are unziped and located in my new portraits file
Lastly - Check; hit F5 and LORE still not updating for me.

Lets take an example.  Character Jinxy, by player Morunas.  Jinxy's LORE page for me is the default-hooded figure, but apparently Jinxy has a custom portrait (scroll down to post # 468 )

Thanks for any further help on this

Guardian 452

« Reply #495 on: March 02, 2012, 08:44:00 am »
For what it's worth I too see Jinxy as the default hooded figure. Now... How about Myrddyn? Before Orth's update he showed as the default picture for me on LORE. Now I can see his pic on LORE... can you?

Nehetsrev

« Reply #496 on: March 02, 2012, 09:58:28 am »
As to Jinxy's portrait being the default hooded portrait, I can think of one or two reasons this might occur.

Firstly, it's possible his portraits were not included in the update for some reason, ie they were simply overlooked.

Another likely reason could be that the filename LORE is looking for is different than the filename posted by the player in this custom portraits thread.  For example, say someone found a portrait pack on the vault and decided to use that pack for their character, but renamed the files to match the character before they created it, but posted the files here with the original filename.  I'm assuming that LORE looks for the filename as assigned by NWN when the player chooses their portrait during character creation.  So, if the filenames don't match the portrait won't show up in LORE.  Or it could be possible a player had their portrait changed by a DM in-game at some point after creating their character and again, the filenames don't match on LORE because of that.

Also, another possibility I've noticed with some portrait packs folks have posted is that they may not have all five files (Huge, Large, Medium, Small, and Tiny).  Since LORE displays the Huge file, if the Huge file was missing from the portrait pack LORE has nothing to display.  Additionally, I've noticed that sometimes when people create their custom portraits, they've been saved in the wrong TGA format.  For NWN to be able to display a portrait it must be saved in the Targa (.tga) "24 bits, uncompressed" format when it's created.  If a portrait isn't saved in this format NWN won't be able to display it properly (if at all), and it can even cause NWN to crash when trying to load the portrait sellection screen during character creation.

davidhoff

« Reply #497 on: March 02, 2012, 10:59:22 am »
@G-452: yes I think I have Myr's new portrait (Aragorn meets Errol Flyyn?)

Ok, well it might not be on my side.  Sounds like some of these portraits are not making it to LORE for a host of various reasons.

Thanks for the help!

orth

« Reply #498 on: March 02, 2012, 11:20:10 am »
Jinxy's portrait pack among others was attached via megaupload. Megaupload is now no longer available.

Chazzler

« Reply #499 on: March 02, 2012, 01:03:51 pm »
I should have all the portraits posted to this thread before MegaUpload's demise in my portraits.rar, and I can dig them up and repost them for you, should you enlighten me with the file names.