The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Dear NWN  (Read 2323 times)

Jilseponie Wyndon

Re: Dear NWN
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 09:05:34 pm »
using both I believe ... not totally sure, Hellblazer helped me along with the downloads.  The Nwn game set is the Plat Version when it first came out.  Sometimes I have smooth Alt-Enter transitions, sometimes not.  But most times it makes the transition.  only crashed once trying this transition.

morunas

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 09:40:02 pm »
I have both NWShader and NWNCQ on.

NWNCQ was linear to install. NWShader required a few hits here and there (the hookgl32 thing, compatibility xp sp3 for the GUI to create/update nwshader.xml file and then just make it right (default is very slow unblurring).

Chazzler

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2010, 07:22:43 am »
Yeah the GUI for NWShader in Chronepsis without the newest patch breaks the XML file for me, same problem as stated on NWVault by many other users.

Oh well, until a fix comes out I will be using Bahamut version, which still works.

Link092

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2010, 05:43:11 pm »
nothing to do with my system I'm sure. I run XP SP3 and have Nvidia 8800 GT,
but the problem is that NWN isn't even loading now.. like.. it' aint werkin' :L

morunas

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2010, 06:07:14 pm »
That happened to me with the new patch for Chronepsis on.

Just put the patch away (and related files) and use "pure" Chronepsis.

Should do.

Ah and make sure your nwshader.xml file in the NWN\\NWShader folder is not 0 KB.

If that file is empty the shader has no config and NWN wont start.

Link092

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2010, 08:51:10 pm »
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, yeah... Still not working... ;-; I even tried using bahamut... What do you mean by "Pure"?

Link092

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2010, 08:52:37 pm »
better yet, tell me your path files as they exactly are for your .dll files and the folder labeled NWNShader

Filatus

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2010, 08:58:12 pm »
When you guy's are finished, mind posting "A Noob's Guide to NWNCQ + NWShader for Layonara"? :rolleyes:

Link092

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2010, 09:00:04 pm »
I moved all the .dll files that came in the .rar file and NWN worked just fine.. it's only when they are in my NWN folder that everything goes to the high derpus. :L

morunas

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2010, 09:32:00 pm »
well I shouldn't be the one putting that guide up really... I managed to make it go on my comp., others did on theirs.

My best advice is (cause it's what worked for me):

• Remove NWShader folder
  • Remove .dll files associated with the NWShader

---
  • Download Chronepsis 2.2.3 (NOT the patch).
  • Put all files and folders into your NWN folder!
  • Go to \\Windows\\System32 for 32bit OS, copy opengl32.dll to your desktop, rename it to hookgl32.dll and move it to your NWN folder. If a "replace" comes up, replace. For 64bit OS do the same but at \\Windows\\SysWOW64.
  • (if you're not in XP) Go to NWShader and set compatibility mode for the NWShader_GUI.exe to XP SP3 and to run as admin.
  • Launch the NWShader_GUI.exe and check if there are no warnings or errors related to "the config file". If there are... bad luck. Try opening on notepad the file nwshader.xml in the same folder and, if empty, fill it with the code I've put bellow.

This is not sure to work for all (some NVIDIA won't do apparently).

Link092

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2010, 11:58:07 pm »
Yeah but even then I'm still gettign an error... :L

says, "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click OK to terminate the application."

the header states "nwmain.exe - Application Error"

;-;

morunas

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2010, 08:05:13 am »
try rename your nwnmain.exe to nwmain.exe (you can always rename it back).

If you installed bahamut you might have to do something else, perhaps, dunno.

Link092

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2010, 12:01:20 pm »
Yeah I give up. :L

Acacea

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2010, 04:03:05 pm »
Link, try go into NWN\\NWShader\\plugins and see if you have ExamplePlugin.dll. If so, delete it. Sorry if that has already been suggested, but this was causing init. error crashes for me some time ago. I don't recall if it was fixed for the patch, so it is worth a try.

If anyone is using chico's bloom that came with NWNCQ, it probably isn't working. See if this one works - it was just having an identity crisis from not being named in the file.

PK is doing one more release I believe before calling it stable, and is also working on a multi-platform system that can all be used for more than one game and will eventually replace NWShader. Supposedly NWN is tied with Morrowwind on the support list for it when its up, and that it handles a lot of things in a less clunky manner than the current system. He's still keeping most of it under his hat, though.

Hope one of those helped at least one person.

EDIT - Helps if I attach the file. Please note this is a .txt - rename the extension to .cgfx.