The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Death Void  (Read 1969 times)

Yar Ydnar

Death Void
« on: May 07, 2005, 10:15:00 pm »
I noticed that a "Death Void", kind of limbo place is something a character has to pass through before respawning.  I have a froend.  Rodlin Serim caught in one and he's been there for quite some time.  he says b=greater than 10 minutes now.  Searched through the forums and was not able to find any post re this.  Anyone out there know what this "Death Void's" purpose is?

Yar

Aryn Ravenlocke

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
RE: Death Void
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 10:30:00 pm »
Handled.

YT

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 08:31:00 am »
Thanks Aryn.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 09:57:00 am »
My characters is also stuck in the void. Has been for a two days now. His name is 'Cayden Storm'. Can anyone help me?

Leanthar

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 10:14:00 am »
Try to log in to the other servers.  Perhaps you were bound on another server and if you log in to the other server it will port you automatically.
  Everybody needs to remember that we put a pool up to do what we are doing now (booting players and forcing them to log in to other servers) or automatically porting everybody and perhaps crashing servers.  When you get booted you need to pay attention to the yellow message, it will tell you what server to log in to.

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 11:11:00 am »
Hmm, tried that. It ported me right back into the death void.

orth

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 11:15:00 am »
According to your character file, you have never bound Cayden to a bindstone...

Leanthar, I'm considering just setting the default bind on the Gem of Rememberance to the Hlint Neutral one when it's created on the character, (we'll still ask them to bind).  This should help with this issue.

orth

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2005, 11:17:00 am »
Cayden should be out of the void the next time you login...

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2005, 11:34:00 am »
Still in the void :(

Yes, I had just started and had forgotten to bind. Sorry.

EdTheKet

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005, 11:47:00 am »
Cayden was just saved from the death void.

orth

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 11:49:00 am »
Aww yeah it would have taken a reset.

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2005, 12:08:00 pm »
Thanks all.

Leanthar

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 01:33:00 pm »
"...Leanthar, I'm considering just setting the default bind on the Gem of Rememberance to the Hlint Neutral one when it's created on the character, (we'll still ask them to bind)..."
  Go for it Orth, no problem at all.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2005, 12:35:00 am »
I have only been playing now for about 3 weeks, so my knowledge of the world is pretty limited still, but I am having similar problems with the Death Void.  The last two times I have died I have been stuck in the Death Void.  Yesterday I was able to use the DM channel to get help, but I am currently still in the Death Void and am stuck.  After reading this posting I know that I should do something about my bind stone, but I am not sure how.  I would really appreciate getting out of the Death Void, and then some info on how to prevent the problem in the future.  Of course, really conservative play comes to mind but I think that removes alot of the fun of playing.  My characters name is Dorax Windsmith.

EdTheKet

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 10:19:00 am »
Dorax Windsmith - 5/9/2005 9:35 AM . After reading this posting I know that I should do something about my bind stone, but I am not sure how.

You need to bind your soul to a bindstone. There is one in Hlint, (the glowing ankh thing). WHen you die, you go to the death void and then on to your bindstone. If you have no bindstone you are stuck. You bind to a bindstone by clicking on it and choosing the option that you want to bind.
  I think it also says you have to bind at a bindstone as soon as you can when you click on the statue in Memory Lane (before it ports you to Hlint for the first time)?

EdTheKet

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2005, 10:25:00 am »
Not to mention:

orth - 5/9/2005 11:03 PM As of 13:05 Pacific.

• updated gem of rememberance to escape you from Death Void if you're stuck there
[/list]  So you can get out by yourself now :)