The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Dedicated to Lynn  (Read 458 times)

ystrday

Dedicated to Lynn
« on: November 19, 2007, 09:16:30 am »
This is for you Lynn, and I hope his patrol moves quickly for you. I know during that time for me, the sweetest saddest smell was the boat smell. It was sad because I knew he would be going away, and sweet when I smelled it again because he was home.

When God Created the Military Wife

When the Lord was creating a military wife He ran into His sixth day of overtime. An angel appeared and said, "You're having a lot of trouble with this one. What's wrong with the standard model?"

The Lord replied, "Have you seen the specs on this order? It has to be completely independent but must always be sponsored to get on a military installation. It must have the qualities of both mother and father during deployments, be a perfect host to 4 or 40, handle emergencies without an instruction manual, cope with flu and moves all around the world, have a kiss that cures anything from a child's bruised knee to a husband's weary days, have the patience of a saint when waiting for its mate to come home and, have six pairs of hands."

The angel shook her head slowly and said, "Six pairs of hands? No way." The Lord answered, "Don't worry; we will make other military wives to help. Besides, it's not the hands that are causing the problem, it's the heart. It must swell with pride, sustain the ache of numerous separations while remaining true, beat soundly even when it feels too tired to do so, be large enough to say 'I understand' when it doesn't, and say 'I love you', regardless.

"Lord," said the angel, gently touching His sleeve. "Go to bed. You can finish it tomorrow." "I can't," said the Lord. "I'm so close to creating something quite unique. Already it can heal itself when sick, on a moment's notice it will willingly embrace and feed total strangers who have been stranded during a PCS move and it can wave goodbye to its husband understanding why he had to leave."

The angel circled the model of the military wife very slowly. "It's too soft," she sighed."But tough," the Lord said excitedly. "You cannot imagine what this being can do or endure.""Can it think?" asked the angel. "Can it think?! It can convert 1400 to 2 p.m.," replied the Lord.

Finally the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek. "There's a leak," she said. "I told you that you were trying to put too much into this model." It's not a leak," said the Lord. "It's a tear." "What's it for?" asked the angel. "It's for joy, sadness, pain, loneliness and pride." "You're a genius," said the angel.

Looking at her somberly, the Lord replied, "I didn't put it there."

Lynn1020

Re: Dedicated to Lynn
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 04:20:35 pm »
Thank you.   *sits and wipes her tears* There are few that understand the love/hate for the boat smell! I usually feel sorry for myself for about the first week then realize I need to put my big girl panties on and do the best I can.  Of course the nights are the worst after the kids are in bed.

I thought this time Layo may help past the time. But when I logged in it just didn't seem right because Lance or Rodlin wasn't going to be round. :(

Tiffany Lynn

bobby1361

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 05:11:05 pm »
yoru names tiffany?
yoru so much more cool now, i love that name.
Anyway, since this is to Lynn anyway,
Miss Lynn, your a great rp'er, i wish we could rp together more.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 05:17:39 pm »
My wife tells me I can never join the military because she refuses to be a military wife. The job is certainly a tough one.

As a community, we support the both of you.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 05:37:12 pm »
We can't replace hubby but we still <3 you :)

Let us know if yah needs anything

osxmallard

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 06:43:38 pm »
There's nothing wrong with boat smell!  And he could be on a -real- submarine instead of one of those cadillacs.

r/ osX
(Fast Attack Tough)

*looks around for Dorax*

Mooneyes

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 07:42:23 pm »
I would have to aggree tis a bitter/sweet smell.  Thank goodness for the familygrams.  Although difficult to share completely how things are at home the 40 words or less note we all got to send could say a mountain full.  Let us know when halfway night is and we'll celebrate with you.

Mooneyes

Lynn1020

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 07:47:32 pm »
Quote from: osxmallard
There's nothing wrong with boat smell!  And he could be on a -real- submarine instead of one of those cadillacs.

r/ osX
(Fast Attack Tough)

*looks around for Dorax*

That is so going in a family gram!!

Grid Blader

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 08:02:25 pm »
You all have my full respect, are brave men and women that serve there countarys, and the  brave men and women that take care of the home frount.  If not for the Team becouse they are a Team.  It would not be the same.   I pray for nothing but the best, and a safe return home.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 08:49:44 pm »
Lynn, I'm hope you will eventually have fun RP'ing all the IC excuses as to where Rodlin and Lance are, just have to stay busy it's the only way to pass the time both at home and on the boat.

*to OSX* I take comfort in your jealousy...but what is it that you do for a living now? *cheesy grin*

Drizzlin

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 10:42:46 pm »
I never understood the sinking of a perfectly good ship...or boat for you submariners. Pure nonsense. Just like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!

To Lynn,

I hope to see you in game and don't forget to send Lance some care packages with goodies! There is nothing like opening up a care package infront of the guys filled with cookies, candy, and a pair of panties *winks*!!!

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 12:02:52 am »
My support goes out to those families broken by conflict not their own, and the brave men and women who go to fight for something larger than themselves.

Here's to those people stronger than myself.

Lynn1020

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 09:12:35 am »
I just want to say thanks everyone!  It has really been overwhelming the support we have received from the Layo community.  I only wish every military members and their family would be able to receive the same support and encouragement that we have over the years.  We also have two son's that play Layo from time to time so its nice for them to see the support for their Mom and Dad.  I will be sure to send all your kind words to Twidget (Mike).

Thanks again!

Tiffany

ystrday

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 04:12:32 pm »
Ha Ha Drizz!

Have you seen the room the guys have on the boat?? Not a question of what Lynn sends.. but where can he put it once he recieves it!.. There is no such thing as privacy on a submarine.

Drizzlin

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 01:24:43 am »
Quote from: ystrday
Ha Ha Drizz!

Have you seen the room the guys have on the boat?? Not a question of what Lynn sends.. but where can he put it once he recieves it!.. There is no such thing as privacy on a submarine.

He could always wear them...err I mean, he could...hmm *hides*