The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Diamond edition installation (Linux) -- Is there a HOWTO?  (Read 74 times)

Diamond edition installation (Linux) -- Is there a HOWTO?
« on: December 02, 2005, 11:25:00 am »
Ok, so I got my shiny new display, and graphics acceleration working in X, and even managed to work through getting Neverwinter Nights to work in its glorious full-resolution (1920x1200).

The thing is.. I just used the official linux client[1] and not the GUI installer[2] that people have been pointing me towards.  I have the diamond edition CD, and couldn't use the GUI installer.  Looking at the linux client installation instructions for installing the Gold edition, it talks about "disk two" and "disk three".. but I only have one disk.  The GUI installer wouldn't work.. although it finds disk1, it asks me for disk2 etc.

I seem to have entirely bypassed the CD I have by downloading and installing the client pack. Isn't the diamond edition supposed to have everything I need?  Does this mean I should search for the "disk 2" etc files on the diamond CD as though I were following nwn's Gold/etc install instructions?

Is there any documentation anywhere for getting the complete diamond installation installed under Linux?

[1] http://nwn.bioware.com/downloads/linuxclient.html
[2] http://icculus.org/~ravage/nwn/

RE: Diamond edition installation (Linux) -- Is there a HOWTO?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 11:27:00 am »
Oh, obviously I want to get this stuff sorted out before I even approach the Layonara installation steps.  =)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 01:03:00 pm »
I'd like to help ya mate, but I'm not familiar with the Diamond edition (and only vaguely familiar with Linux).  Give us some time and patience- perhaps one of our programmer types will figure it out.  I hope it works out and you get the chance to join in on Layo.  It's worth the effort.  I promise.

OneST8

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 01:25:00 pm »
Here's some links to possibly help you out. I and a few others here are Linux vetrans and may be able to help out, however I don't think any of us have had any exposure to the platinum edition.

Marswipp

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 01:48:00 pm »
I do not know why... I feel like suggesting Cedega...
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

anything