The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Disapearing oxen  (Read 314 times)

cbnicholson

Disapearing oxen
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:57:21 am »
Anyone else have thier ox disapear without a trace?  I went to the dealer prepared to pay to have mine found and dragged back and he acts like I don't have one, which I know is bogus.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Alatriel

Re: Disapearing oxen
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 12:00:13 pm »
did it get killed last night?
I know you had it last night before the quest

cbnicholson

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:11:42 pm »
It was parked in Hlint right outside the bank.  I'm a 100% sure of it.

Oscar Wilde

jrizz

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 12:45:54 pm »
Did you see any satisfied looking half giants around? ;)

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 01:15:42 pm »
Which character?

cbnicholson

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 01:27:02 pm »
Daniel Benjamin, the ox's name was "Beast of Burden"

Oscar Wilde

Aerimor

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 01:33:19 pm »
If you ever find him, tell him how disappointed  you are in him.  That he had no regard for how much he worried you.  And then...ground him. ;)

cbnicholson

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 01:35:27 pm »
I'm more irritated at the 3 hours of mining and smelting that are on its back..If a half giant did eat him, he's got a years worth of copper minerals in one sitting.:p

Oscar Wilde

Dorganath

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 01:37:35 pm »
The database reflects that you no longer have an ox.  At the same time that the ox status was updated, I found this in the server logs:

[Thu Apr 22 18:53:09] Pack Ox Died
[Thu Apr 22 18:53:09] Ogre Brute of the Endless Horde Died
[Thu Apr 22 18:53:48] Ogre Brute of the Endless Horde Died
[Thu Apr 22 18:54:23] Pack Ox Died
[Thu Apr 22 18:55:05] Pack Ox Died

(Bolded entry is the one that corresponds)

Now, I can't say for sure if the ogre brutes were related or not, but there were several dead oxen at about the same time. I'm almost completely certain that was your ox, but I cannot say where or how.

So, it looks like ol' Beast of Burden has passed on to ox afterlife.

cbnicholson

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 01:39:15 pm »
Very odd as I was in party with several others and they saw me park the animal in Hlint.  Le sigh..Thanks for letting me know, Dorg.

I don't suppose the logs show who may have drug a spawn into Hlint?  Mine wasn't the only ox to be killed apparently.

Oscar Wilde

Dorganath

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 01:40:37 pm »
There were other creature deaths after that, including a Will-o-Wisp, which could have been dragged in.  As I said, I can't tell from our logs.  I wish I had better information for you.

Chazzler

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 02:20:16 pm »
Yep, someone or something had made a gourmet of hamburgers out of Thunderhooves as well, and Görm is sad because he didn't get a share of the burgers.

Thunderhooves was parked in Hlint as well

Alatriel

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 02:23:57 pm »
I haven't checked yet, but I'm guessing if the oxen in Hlint got killed, Bella's ox Amoo was probably also slain.

I blame dark elves!

*ducks and runs*

Dorganath

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 03:02:55 pm »
From what I can see:

[Thu Apr 22 18:53:09] Pack Ox Died -- Daniel Benjamin Poetr
[Thu Apr 22 18:54:23] Pack Ox Died -- Bella Rouge
[Thu Apr 22 18:55:05] Pack Ox Died                 -- Annwyl Cadi

Warchild214

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 03:48:28 pm »
Sorry to hear of the Oxen :(

Leaf is pleased that he decided to leave Duey in Hempstead the other day now.

Since Hlint seems to have become a virtual stockyard for Oxen as of late.  Is there a way to make a fenced in area in Hlint that adventureres could park their Oxen safely?

This for one, will keep all the Oxen in one central area in Hlint and not parked all over town. Im sure Hlint's sanitation department will appreciate this too ;)

Not sure if it would work or not so Ill ask.
If the Oxen are kept inside the fencing, and if a spawn does happen to follow someone into Hlint, would the fencing keep the Oxen safe from attacks?  Well, at least attacks from creatures that could not just fly over the fencing to attack the Oxen.

Nehetsrev

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 06:08:06 pm »
*Valanca Jatyiram steps up to have her say*

As an un-official repressentative of the fine folks of Hlint, I will state plainly that the people of Hlint have no desire for their quiet town to become a pasture for the oxen or other beasts belonging to itinerent adventurers who have no real interest in preserving the safety and sanctity of our closed and tight-knit community.  In fact, we'd prefer the adventuring community stay well away from our lovely town due to their careless disregard for common folk in general, and their tendency to bring trouble in the form of dangerous creatures, enraged goblins and other nasty things following closely on their heels as they run in terror from things they shouldn't have disturbed in the first place.

*she then smiles smugly before stepping away*

Hellblazer

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 06:24:19 pm »
*Xian Shu listens and can't believe what he is hearing as he is himself an adventurer, is spilling his blood to defend and get back what the bandits and orcs have stolen from hlint*

Sure we can all be doin' t'at, and when ye be needin' help te defend t'e city against an ot'er darkies invasion.. or orcs bandids, or anythin' else. We'll be stayin' well away from Hlint and refuse te help even if ye plead with us t'e dying of your fine folks children, because ye are too winny te dfend yerself properly and be needin' t'e help of adventurers. Wif t'at Oi'm t'inkin' Oi nay be needed any longer in yer army. Te all ot'ers non hlint livin' peeps, t'at be workin' in t'eir army tryin' te help t'em. De ye hear what she be sayin'? Maybe we should be leavin' t'em alone wif t'em problems nay?

How does t'at sounds?

Whoile ye was behind yer makeshift walls waitin' fer t'e enemy te come, pranzying aboot yer uniform and how lilies would make et look better. Jumpin' around wif flowers in yer uniform, remember t'ose none Hlinties that were meetin' head on t'e enemy mages and siege forces and destroyed t'em. Yeah.. et be us. "Adventurers" *makes the motions with his fingers* T'at were doin' t'at. Nay ye.

//on an occ note, sorry to hear about your ox annyl, cb and gorm..

Nehetsrev

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 07:22:05 pm »
*Valanca rolls her eyes at the comments of Xian Shu and replies*

What you say makes my point further.  I'll remind you that it is because of headstrong, careless adventurers who were with the volunteers at the Orc's Rift camp that many good folks from Hlint died in an unnecessary confrontation with the Orcs who had come to negotiate peacefully, their repressentatives slain before they could even open their mouths to state their grievances.  As well, after the fighting began I'll have it known I was doing my part as much as anyone else, raining arrows upon the enemy and healing those I was able to reach with Ilsare's blessings and healing potions.  Further, while the disrespectful adventurers sat on their rears after the fight, I personally helped to dig the graves of all those volunteers who died in that fray and performed the final blessings to send their spirits on to the heavens.  So, while you storm off in a childish fit vowing not to return to aid Hlint in the future, I'll be thankful for that blessing.  As well I hope the gates don't hit you in the rump on your way out, because we wouldn't want to have to clean off the taint such contact with your person would leave on them.

*stares down Xian Shu defiantly, her eyes ablaze with fierce passion and pride for her hometown.*

Cinnabar

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 11:34:04 pm »
Quote from: cbnicholson
Anyone else have thier ox disapear without a trace?  I went to the dealer prepared to pay to have mine found and dragged back and he acts like I don't have one, which I know is bogus.

Ditto. Annwyl Cadi's ox, Alexander, was stashed safely in Hlint (right beneath Captain Nefzen) and is now nowhere to be found. (IIRC Hlint is a no PvP area)

Xaltotun

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 06:04:37 am »
Valanca my dear, you may be ze Chief Morale Officer of Ragrian's Halberdiers and do ze wonderful job of it, but Hlint cannot survive aloof and must welcome newcomers, travellers and adventurers to it's wonders.

Except dark elves and their like (and doesn't duck and run).

So I welcome all you adventurers bold to come and join me in ze fine wines and finer women that ze Wild Surge Inn and Hlint has to offer.

Oh, and Valanca, I 'ave been on ze diet if that helps *winks*.

~~ Portlie Dumas

anything