The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Gw2  (Read 1284 times)

s0ulz

Gw2
« on: April 27, 2012, 03:59:13 am »
Hey guys,

I just wanted to pop in and say that if anyone is following the progress towards the launch of Guild Wars 2, the first Beta Weekend Event is this weekend, so if anyone is participating in Europe, feel free to contact me if you want to maybe have some fun with it together.

Cheers,

Pen N Popper

Re: Gw2
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 06:49:44 pm »
Just reading up on this now. Interesting.

Dremora

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 06:54:54 am »
I have been put off GW2 by the way it seems to have the same gameplay mechanics as AoR and WoW. The old Guild Wars was actually unique and now its kinda just gone away from that. So I didn't sign up for the beta, sorry soulz.

s0ulz

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 02:53:07 am »
Quote from: Dremora
I have been put off GW2 by the way it seems to have the same gameplay mechanics as AoR and WoW. The old Guild Wars was actually unique and now its kinda just gone away from that. So I didn't sign up for the beta, sorry soulz.

The targeting system is similar in the sense that you tab-lock and then just have to keep range while using abilities. Combat itself also incorporates dodging though, which isn't a part of WAR or WoW. It feels much more active and engaging than in many other MMOs. At the last BWE they made the screen much more reactive to what's happening in combat as well, so it feels very feral, not just circle-strafing a tab-locked target.

GW has taken world-combat and battlegrounds from WAR and WoW, but from what I've experienced they're nothing alike. The GW developers have really stepped up a notch and the beta is a great way to sample it. But to each his own, so no worries.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 02:45:53 pm »
Impressive game, at least to this crotchety old timer. Seems to support myriad playing styles. Stumbled across another RPer in the wilds and had some fun, though that is not the norm for sure.

s0ulz

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 02:23:16 am »
Yes!

I've been slowly allowing myself to be immersed into the game and I must say I'm enjoying a lot, especially since there is no timer clock mercilessly ticking away until the next monthly subscription payment.

Currently playing an Asuran Thief named Quillwind in Far Shiverpeaks, so if anyone's out there and interested, hit me up. The game is great and absolutely gargantuan.

Dremora

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 10:19:19 am »
my order is placed so im joining the GW 2 community after a friend convinced me and I got back into the old one again.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 10:32:02 pm »
World is crazy detailed. Crafting is insane. I'm blown away.

Ping me on "Sorrow's Furnace" world, "Flanksteak.1768"

Nehetsrev

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 07:55:28 pm »
I and my family have joined the GW2 community.  We're on the Sorrow's Furnace world.

Look for me as Nehetsrev.3862

:D

Dremora

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 05:47:31 am »
Sorry got too many mates on Gunnar's Hold :/