The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Dragging Monsters  (Read 506 times)

Teo

Dragging Monsters
« on: July 20, 2012, 02:12:41 pm »
Please don't drag monsters around boards. I understand that sometimes you don't notice they saw you, but please try to be aware. I recently lost 5000 and some odd going from center to wayfare, and was killed by a monster that really shouldn't have been in the town, it would have had to come across 2 boards to get to where it hit me. Just a friendly reminder.

Rowana

Re: Dragging Monsters
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:44:49 pm »
If a player is aware they've done this, please post for a GM assist or come poke on IRC on behalf of your fellow players. No embarrassment needed.

~row

Gunther

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 08:42:20 pm »
I hope it wasnt Gunther dragging critters.  I'll oftentimes stop and wait for a second or two before transitioning but sometimes I get in a hurry and dont think about it.  I was running around Mistone the last few days.

Xaltotun

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 08:06:46 am »
If a player IS aware of doing this but can't destroy the dragged monsters, would it be reasonable to use the Shout channel to call for help in removing them?

Alatriel

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 08:56:40 am »
I don't think Shout works for players.  However, as Rowana mentioned before, if you make a post or ask on IRC for a GM to help clean them up, we can deal with the issue.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 11:19:46 am »
Or.... you could send a friendly tell to a higher level character and have them come OOC slay the monster if you get no response on GM channel. I know if someone sent me a tell like that I'd go kill it to save someone a SS loss that stumbled across it or the loss of alot of hard earned True, like happened to Teo.

My Thanks,
Merlin34

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 12:22:35 am »
Just so there's no confusion or misunderstandings...

There is no shame in asking for help when accidentally pulling creatures from one area to another or to a transition. It's probably happened to all of us at one point or the other. You will not be "in trouble"...you will not be reprimanded or banned or anything else...if you ask a GM for assistance in such cases.  We will, of course, suggest a greater degree of care, but ultimately, you're doing a service to your fellow player by seeking to take care of the problem right away.

Clearly, if it becomes a constant issue, we'll have to have a conversation, but otherwise, please don't hesitate to ask for help in such cases.  

As has been suggested by others, but always worth repeating, if you end up dragging creatures or if you come across creatures which have been dragged, I suggest the following (in order of preference):
[LIST=1]
  • See if there's a GM on using the DM channel in-game.
  • If not, or if there is no response, try to contact one on our IRC server.
  • Finally, if there is no response to either, post a notice/warning on the forums so that GMs may see and address such a thing at their earliest convenience and so that other players may see it as well.

Gunther

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 12:36:26 am »
There were a bunch of high level nasty critters that Gunther dragged in front of the mithril.  If a DM could remove them all, I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and port Gunther there and back.  

And maybe help with the mining....

osxmallard

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 05:19:15 pm »
Mithril spawns removed... tried to port you but you weren't online.

anything