The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Enchanting Bronze, Iron, Platinum, Adamantium, mithril..... ETC  (Read 284 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Enchanting Bronze, Iron, Platinum, Adamantium, mithril..... ETC
« on: February 16, 2007, 10:29:47 am »
I know certain metals, especially Mithril, give extra bonuses to the BAB.  But wwhat if you enchant them with to do electrical or fire damage.  Do they lose that +1 AB?  I heard somewhere in game that they did.  Is that true?

IDii

Re: Enchanting Bronze, Iron, Platinum, Adamantium, mithril.....
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 10:33:59 am »
Some metals give enhancement bonus (+damage, +attack bonus) but they don't lose it when you enchant them with elemental damage.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 11:48:49 am »
Except Bronze. Bronze looses its special properties so you're really better off waiting for iron or enchanting copper.

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 09:32:07 am »
Yeah, and if an armor or an item offers some form of damage reduction like /5 slashing, /5 bludgeoning, /5 sonic, etc... do not put elemental resistance dust on it unless you're willing to lose that previous property for the new /5-10 elemental DR.  Something in the hardcording of NWN prevents our item damage bonuses and reductions from stacking properly, unfortunately.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 10:22:08 am »
That kinda sucks...  but at least I know.  Know, this is off topic, but you can enchant things like cloaks and clothes and such too right?

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 10:40:24 am »
That's right.

AeonBlues

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 11:44:44 am »
I am not sure about a level 2 elemental resistance, but a level 1 resistance will raise the Level Requirement of said item by 1.  Remember you can always check the LR of your items with the lens of pricing.

Aeon