The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: End of an Era  (Read 872 times)

minerva

End of an Era
« on: January 02, 2013, 12:57:42 pm »
For many of you this will come as no surprise, my absences of late  saying far more than words.  I wanted though to remove doubts and make  it official.

When I joined way back, Layonara was a different place with a different  vibe but like all things it has evolved over the years. People and  places change and sometimes relationships grow apart.  Its hard to admit  when something no longer works and that apart is far better than  together.
Layonara was a salvation in my life in a time when I needed an escape  from my reality.  Now Layonara only serves mostly as a catalyst of angst  and that's not the way it is supposed to be.

So from here forward I am stepping down as an active game master and  administrator.  I will still be around in the background as part of the  team for Lore consultations and I still have some quest loose ends to  tie up or move to other game masters.  I am not leaving all together as I  will be turning my concentration to the art of the MMO and writing.

Sincerely
  Minerva

cbnicholson

Re: End of an Era
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 03:31:27 pm »
For what it's worth, I've enjoyed your quests over the years and will never forget the time when the original DB got his quest reward of a whale bone shield.  You were my first Layo DM and that set the standard for the rest.   I know I'm probably part of the angst, but I didn't mean it! I'm just dumb sometimes.  :p  Wishing you the best moving forward.

CB.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

Aphel

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 06:35:27 pm »
While my exposure to you as a player and GM was limited to a few quests and occasions, I would like to thank you for the RP we had as well as for the renders you shared. Best of wishes to your new projects!

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 11:52:21 pm »
We'll miss you!  :)

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 01:05:56 am »
Thank you for the major contributions you have made to Layonara over the years!

Serissa

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 09:24:23 am »
I've missed you so much over the past few years.  Thank you for the rp, the quests, and for all the work and time you've put into Layo.  Good luck in all your future endeavors, and please, drop in now and then.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 11:17:36 am »
It is indeed the end of an age. I hope to still you playing in a few quests.

Polak76

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 08:26:04 pm »
Thanks for the time you investing into Alandric.
At the end of the day remeber it is just a game and like you mentioned should only serve as a respite from the toils of reality.  I hope you stick around and enjoy not having any commitments.

cheers,
Polak

anything