The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Enjoy Everyday  (Read 381 times)

merlin34baseball

Enjoy Everyday
« on: June 22, 2007, 06:32:48 pm »
I write this with a heavy heart.

A good friend of mine died yesterday.  He was 40 years old, had three children 18, 7 and 3.  He was going through security to get on a flight to go and spend a weekend in Las Vegas and dropped dead from a brain anuerism in the security line.

I write this, well, to remind everyone that what you do everyday should be precious.  

Hug your children.  Kiss your wife or husband.  Tell your parents you love them.  Pet a dog.  Look at nature and revel in it's beauty.  Give a beggar a dollar.  Make the world a better place, somehow, even if it's just your small slice of it. And don't let petty   stuff overwhelm you. See the beauty in life, and contribute to it.

It seems to me that we never know when we have nine soul strands lost, and the next one is the last.

Spread Joy, Happiness, and Love,

Nathan

Interia_Discordius

Re: Enjoy Everyday
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 06:36:07 pm »
My neighbor's husband just died yesterday at age 58 from a heart attack, a Viet war veteran, so this couldn't be all the more true.

We are all human, and we all take things for granted, yet these reminders, as grim as they are, are what keep us thankful for what we have.

Thank you for reminding us all.

ycleption

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 08:19:55 pm »
I'm sorry to hear this... I know its hard to offer sympathy and caring over the internet, but if we can do anything for you, let us know.

And thank you for the message of this post. Your words are very poignant, and I think I need to go hug a few people now.

Lynn1020

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 09:39:41 pm »
I know there are no words to comfort you or his family.  But please know that you all are in many thoughts and prayers!

Thank you for this reminder that we all need from time to time.

Tiffany

iceyfire

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 07:46:12 am »
Aye, life is very strange, so hard to understand how easily it is given & taken away...
I am sorry for the losses posted here & know that you have my sympathy...
This is an important lesson that the real important fact of life is to enjoy it...
Stop worrying about the useless things like money, enjoyment & fufilment is obtained in much different ways.

Thank you for the reminder... personally i like to just ignore that little fact of life & live everyday the best i can, trying to think little of the issues that occur in it.

anything