The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Unsolicited Forum Feedback  (Read 141 times)

Magocracy

Unsolicited Forum Feedback
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:48:00 pm »

Hi! Long-time lurker, former player (possibly playing again someday) here. I think the new site looks great, but I think the forum could use a bit of tweaking…

One, with fewer posts per page there's a lot of forum categories where you have to pass through a page, maybe a page and a half of stickies to get to the current discussions. I don't think that's ideal... I know there's other ways to read but that involves changing settings or not using the default- it seems like the default should be the easiest to use, no?

Or, maybe there's just too many stickies in pages like General Discussion. Which could be half the problem.

Two, while the forum looks pretty, a serif font at that tiny size is pretty hard to read. I'm going by three devices here including a pretty standard monitor and a retina iPad. Just one example, I read through an entire thread thinking "ore" was saying "orcs" and that changed the whole meaning entirely. Yes, I can blow it up in my browser, but again, that takes ingenuity on the user's end which isn't ideal. 

That's all, congratulations on the redesign otherwise!

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin

Dorganath

Hi Magocracy. Thanks for your
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 04:36:20 pm »

Hi Magocracy. Thanks for your feedback.

For greater visibility (and a better change of it being reviewed and/or enacted), I suggest you create an issue for this.

Magocracy

Thanks, but I have the
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 07:43:11 pm »

Thanks, but I have the feeling it's not really my place to create an issue as I'm not an active player.  I probably shouldn't have even posted but I spend all day giving notes like this at work so it's hard to shut that part of my brain off. 

anything