The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Extrem lag on game servers and forum  (Read 612 times)

Hellblazer

Extrem lag on game servers and forum
« on: September 05, 2011, 04:51:12 pm »
as of 16:31 edt. I and many people have been experiencing extreme lag. When I mean extreme I mean after 5 minutes of waiting for my inventory to open it still wasn't opening. It has also affected the forums

Just writing this for those who might have died and gotten ss's to show that it was a server wide occurrences.

The following users thanked this post: Anamnesis, Mooneyes, davidhoff, willhoff

Hellblazer

Re: Extrem lag on game servers and forum
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 04:56:52 pm »
Shesh just posting this message took almost 5 minutes for the forum to register it.

Serissa

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 05:00:56 pm »
We had a total party wipeout over at least 10 minutes and Lana lost a soul strand due to unbelievable sudden lag in the Rift.

willhoff

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 05:32:50 pm »
Wow yeah can comfirm that the lag was extremely bad on central.  Sorry to hear about Lana's loss Serissa.

Jilseponie Wyndon

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 05:57:36 pm »
Lag was felt pretty heavily on West as well.  Felt by myself and others that I communicated with.

MadHattan

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 07:41:38 pm »
SehKy was with Lana, Daniel, Keela and Jako for total party wipeout from sudden and extreme lag on central.  I've never seen anything like it.  There was no hint of lag issues then wham...  - Madd

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 09:07:32 pm »
There was a significant incident of network latency noted earlier today that impacted all of Layonara's servers, including IRC and forums. When such an event strikes more than just the game server, it will affect everyone, everywhere in most cases.  The good news is that it is not a server problem, but a network problem.  The server continues to operate at its usual efficiency, but since network communication is impacted, the net effect can be anywhere from delays to complete disconnections.  Differently from server lag or server crashes, network lag events usually do not result in the loss of status (i.e. inventory contents, location, etc.).  It can still result (as given above) in the loss of Soul Strands, however, as the PC is no longer under direct control of the player, and the server can continue combat despite the lack of signals from the game client.

Anyone who lost Soul Strands during this time should have no problem getting them back given our existing policies. This was a very wide-felt issue, and there's plenty of evidence and support for its occurrence and severity. However, per policy, that support needs to happen in whatever thread(s) are started to request the return of a Soul Strand.

Please note that all deaths and soul strand losses are logged, and only those losses that occurred during this period of network lag will be considered for return.  We will verify the time of death and Soul Strand loss regardless of stated support.

Hellblazer

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 04:56:17 pm »
The same seems to be happening today. Felt it from 16:40 to 17:00

Dorganath

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 05:01:03 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
The same seems to be happening today. Felt it from 16:40 to 17:00
Time zones are usually helpful.

Hellblazer

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 05:06:46 pm »
That would be edt.

thedagda

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 05:28:13 pm »
It was pretty severe lag, but it seems to have cleared up.  At least for the moment.

Chongo

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 10:53:33 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
The same seems to be happening today. Felt it from 16:40 to 17:00 (EST)

Noticed this as well - it was quite bad.

Fairly bad lag today at 9 PM MST (time of this post).  On central server, only two people online.

anything