The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: For all DM's out there  (Read 687 times)

Xirion

For all DM's out there
« on: August 22, 2007, 02:22:23 pm »
...well, a thread was here recently closed before I was able to answer it and it was not my plan start to flame or a discussion.
I just wanted to say:
"Good job!" All GM's I met were kind and creative. Everytime I met one I had fun and a good time!
I normaly send a tell after that like thanks for your time you invest here to make this world for the players even more enjoyable.
Now I wanted to put this in a place where every GM can read it.
Thanks you do  a good job. A good job for free and I wanted to thank you for doing this for the players. Just that you know there are players that appreciate this.

Thanks for reading
>Xirion>

LynnJuniper

Re: For all DM's out there
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 02:36:24 pm »
If I can voice my opinion (And I know I can)

For Every: ZOMG I HATE U!!!!11111one posts

there are three: ZOMG!!!!!111one I LUV U!!!111one K33P ^ THE GUUD WRK!!11one posts.

I'm getting kind of sick of the lot of them.

twidget658

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 03:40:01 pm »
Quote from: LynnJuniper

there are three: ZOMG!!!!!111one I LUV U!!!111one K33P ^ THE GUUD WRK!!11one posts.

Don't read them. Like a TV show that I don't agree with. I turn the channel instead of trying to ruin it for everyone.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 03:41:18 pm »
Yeah, I'm thinking about ignoring the  OOC forums for a bit again.

twidget658

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 04:50:09 pm »
*nods* I understand, I am keeping myself out of the grievance and reimbursement forums for the sanity of certain people.

Polak76

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 07:07:43 pm »
I actually accept both sides of this argument.  I've had my gripes with GM's in the past and I actually agree with many of the points raised from the recently banned player.  He went and ruined it with all the profanity however.  

On the other hand I've also had fantastic fun with other GM's.  At the end of the day the good has definately outnumbered the bad so I was content.

Polak76

Skywatcher

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 08:27:51 pm »
I like to see the community thanking the people that provide a free service that should be appreciated.  I am thinking there should be more credit where credit is due so thanks again guys.

steverimmer

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 08:36:58 pm »
Yeah the DM's put in a vast amount of work to keep the world running consistantly and to keep it interesting too.  Most of it goes on in the background unnoticed by everyone, but lets not forget those other members of the team too; the writers, developers and those involved in design all of whose work goes on behind the scenes.

Thanks to all of you :)

Odranoela

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 09:50:00 pm »
Yeah, make no sense to get bothered with Thanks post when they don't concern you. Thanks GMs.

Nyralotep

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 09:57:31 pm »
I've been here for around 4 years and I have never once had a problem from a DM and in fact have always been helped by them when they weren't otherwise engaged in a quest.  I've nothing but high praise for a job that doesn't get enough thanks for those doing it.

Polak76

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 12:23:10 am »
Quote from: steverimmer
Yeah the DM's put in a vast amount of work to keep the world running consistantly and to keep it interesting too.  Most of it goes on in the background unnoticed by everyone, but lets not forget those other members of the team too; the writers, developers and those involved in design all of whose work goes on behind the scenes.

Thanks to all of you :)

And you can also throw in the players whom also sped many hours plotting and scheming, initiaing new quests ideas, contributing to themes and aiding GM's with enriching the world.  Not all players are simply players.  Most of them are contributors and equally deserve thanks.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 01:03:06 am »
I'd have to agree with you on that one, Polak. Team members do have an extra bit of "required" work to do, but players that contribute to the world certainly aren't just squishing giants all day.

This is partly why I'm sad you're not around anymore. We're in opposite timezones, so I didn't often get to play with you, but it's always sad to see players who creatively contribute to the world take off.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 01:26:02 am »
Quote from: LynnJuniper

Ain't nice to be rude. It's a good sign that there are more good posts than bad. If there weren't that many, I wouldn't be going through the hassle of making a visit and sending files in every which direction on my hard drive and such.

A'yup.

Then again, most of them are usually just people looking to start a positive discussion with a lot of posts that everyone can agree upon. Whaddaya know...

LynnJuniper

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 01:31:55 am »
You got a point I guess I was just too rash in posting. I agree with the thanks, I agree with the reasons for thanking...I don't agree with the timing so much but it seems needed (sadly), x_x and in the long run I just hate blathering thank yous in general, directed to me, that guy over there or anyone. so like twidget said, Ill just ignore these posts :)

Pseudonym

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 01:38:42 am »
Yeah, how 'bout these people just trying to inflate their thanks counts?? Boy, I just cannot believe the audacity! The transparency! The temerity! The ... ummmmmm ... I've run out of synonyms.

*shifty eyes*

Xirion

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 02:25:29 am »
I thought a while about posting a reply to this or not. Now I do it in a much shorter way as I intendet first and to leave out the explanations.

Please dont judge posts that fast by reading without knowing a persons personality. Thanks

stragen

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 02:46:20 am »
Quote from: Pseudonym
The temerity! The ... ummmmmm ... I've run out of synonyms.

Try a Pseudonym.

*Grins while slinging mud*

iceyfire

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 02:18:41 pm »
Its such a bore listening to people like that abuse such a fine server and a fine team of gm's.... Like seriously would any of us still have nwn install after these many years if it wasnt for Layonara?

They should just stop annoying the the team because they are busy they have their next fun project that they are working on :P, good work guys, keep on keeping on and such.

Their are very few idiots like that in this community so your probably better of just ignoring it because the rest of us do because they just make useless posts.

Polak76

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 07:00:04 pm »
Quote from: Pseudonym
Yeah, how 'bout these people just trying to inflate their thanks counts?? Boy, I just cannot believe the audacity! The transparency! The temerity! The ... ummmmmm ... I've run out of synonyms.

*shifty eyes*

Lucidity, effrontery, simplicity, bravery, gallantry.

I think I learnt some new words!

Oh by the way, when people see posts from Psuedo, even if they're remotely interesting send him a thanks...it really makes his day!

Tanman

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 07:23:05 pm »
@Polak76 I get the feeling he wants to pass Dorganath's count *grins*