The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: For the love of Chongo's awesome new areas.  (Read 395 times)

lonnarin

For the love of Chongo's awesome new areas.
« on: June 14, 2008, 05:43:39 pm »
I can't stress enough how beautiful this guy's work is.  Ever since V3 and the subsequent updates, I always do a quick doubletake and take the time to look around amazed at what he's done with the place.  There are tilesets in use now that actually look BETTER and cripser than many of the NWN2 ones, and finally there's a decent amount of depth and height perception in places like Firesteep, which were originally very plateau-ish and "run across the flat plane and climb up to the next level-ish"  Now you actually get a feeling for the massive climb, and a sense of going upward.  A MAJOR feat considering how notoriously 2 dimensional the base bioware engine is in terms of altitude.  And now, after 4-5 years of being told "we will never have bard enemy spawns, they have horrible AI", I encountered one that actually works pretty well!

Major Kudos to him and the rest of the building team involved for the major facelift the place has gotten!  From the Dapplegreen to Firesteep, Dalanthar and the Thunder Peaks, this place just keeps getting better and better.

s0ulz

Re: For the love of Chongo's awesome new areas.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 05:45:32 pm »
Definitely some mad props are in store for Chongo. He's done so much for this generation of Layonara that I can't probably express enough gratitude.

Keep it up and keep it strong, Chongo.

jrizz

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 06:08:41 pm »
ditto! all the way.

Pseudonym

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 06:10:17 pm »
Here here.

Lynn1020

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 06:14:18 pm »
Nice work indeed!

Leanthar

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 07:08:41 pm »
Yep, I agree. He has some serious talent!

Blackguy

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 07:33:03 pm »
Kudos is such a empty word when used on Chongo, but I think its well deserved here. Keep up that brainjuice thingy.

Chongo

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 09:37:55 pm »
We're working pretty hard to keep it coming, that's for certain.  Thanks for the praise bud, I know everyone who's been working on the new content appreciates it.

:)