The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Game question (client)  (Read 631 times)

WestSideR

Game question (client)
« on: August 14, 2008, 09:52:32 pm »
I am new here I heard about this game from another forum I visit frequently.  Anyways I was wondering which NWN I would have to get, Neverwinter nights the one came out in 2002?  Or Neverwinter nights 2: Mask of the betrayer, or what?  Can anyone help me out in detail?  Like if I get NWN 2 do I update it all the way or how do i install it correctly?

Thanks.

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Game question (client)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 09:55:58 pm »
Neverwinter Nights 1.  NWN 2 is the newer one, and that is not the one used here.  Just be sure to get NWN Diamond Edition or Platinum Edition.  Platinum has the two Expansion packs included

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 09:58:11 pm »
One problem you're likely to encounter.  NWN 1 was recently updated by its author, Bioware, to version 1.69.  Layo does not currently use version 1.69, so you will have to find the revert Thread on this Forum.  Search for 1.69 and you should see the right one somewhere  >.<  Cant find it right now

WestSideR

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 09:59:22 pm »
Alright thanks a bunch.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 10:00:48 pm »
Oh yeah, go right ahead.  I might have been wrong which had the expasions in them but as long as you have them your fine.  Install them and then see if you can find that Thread I mentioned, and we'll go from there

WestSideR

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 10:06:25 pm »
I was also wondering about something weird right now, im downloading the single rar from the downloads section in hacks, Layonara_AllHaks.rar I was wondering how big it was, it says its got 200+ MB downloaded but it has no unknown ETA, thats never happened to me before

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 10:08:06 pm »
Its BIG...  REally Big...  I suggest you save that file just in case...

WestSideR

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 10:10:06 pm »
yeah I always save to desktop, i hope it doesnt lag me haha but my computer can handle it, do you know exactly how big it is?  like in my opinion it shouldnt be over 1 GB, but even if it is thats fine...

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 10:11:18 pm »
It's somewhere between....  200MB and 500MB...  It's BIG...  There are a lot of files in it and they are big...

WestSideR

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 10:21:38 pm »
Thanks man, you've been really helpful, ill try to give you another thanks if I can.  I appreciate it.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 10:29:13 pm »
another thanks?  *laughs*  I don't need thanks...  Only a certain GM with a funny nickname really "needs" them...  And he/she know's who he/she is...  ;)

Lemme, or anyone here, know if you need more help.  But check out
[LORE]InternetRelayChat[/LORE].  It's a online chat room for Layonara

freemen2

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 05:50:04 pm »
~950MB
And Welcome ;)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 06:51:48 pm »
950?!  Are you serious?  Wow....

darkstorme

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 07:06:34 pm »
Tilesets are huge.  You need not only the bitmaps that make up the "look", but the walkmeshes that make up the "feel", as well as the "sound".  I'd say that tilesets make up the majority of the hak size.

The other big one is the custom creatures.  Models aren't small either, especially when paired with their animations.

freemen2

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 08:42:51 am »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
950?!  Are you serious?  Wow....

Wait until it's unpacked, when the kids pop-out, t'is around 4GB MouhaHahahaaaa!!!

But it's worth every bits ;)