The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Social Media, Layonara and You  (Read 1790 times)

Alatriel

Re: Social Media, Layonara and You
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 08:22:11 am »
For pages that aren't people, all you do is click like ;)

Anamnesis

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 08:37:58 am »

I am slowly learning more about facebook the more I use it, just usually like some I don't have the time, and work restricts access to social networks.

I don't have a cell phone, and if I did, couldn't use it on the floor at work anyway.

Though I really think it would benefit them if they did allow it, simply because most business tend to post their hours on it, and its sometimes the only way we can reach our customers, in the hours they are closed.

in any case.. getting off the topic.

Thank you!
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 01:53:51 pm »
Quote from: geloooo
This is pretty cool! I could just tweet:

@InsertNameHere @Kalandi'ira @Faillaan @Xun'murss @Jar'ryna @Nym'roos Will be late. Coming from a meeting. Save me some fleshlings. #Layonara #DarkElfOuting

You forgot @TeddybearNi'sfanclub ;)

Rowana

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 05:00:46 pm »
There are a lot of really good tutorials out there already, and I am personally all about not reinventing the wheel (mostly for time saver factors). However I will look into a little place where we can collect tutorials and other helpful information for folks who are interested. The best place for them will not be in this thread, however, for now (usual disclaimers, please use your virus protection when going away from Layo's site as we can't vouch for them, yadda yadda):

Facebook: Free Facebook 101 Tutorial
Twitter: Free Twitter 101 Tutorial at GCFLearnFree.org
Google+: Features of Google Plus - WikiMommy

~row

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 08:20:30 pm »
There is also a social media dashboard that connects all of your various accounts from Twitter, Google +, Facebook, etc... in one place.  Its called "Sprout" (google it.) I am not sure if it is free or not, but it could help the Alatriel's of the world who dont want to get in to Twitter, etc... Just create the account, connect it to your dashboard, and enjoy the ride!

Anamnesis

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 10:11:47 pm »
Social Media Dashboard | Sprout Social is the link, and it looks as though there is a cost to it but... it would be a great tool for those interested.

Though if you have office 2010 it also has features to send you email updates when people post on facebook, and twitter, which I personally like.

I just can't view my home email at work.. Its funny my company has a facebook page and I can't even view it!!! Double standards.

Quote from: gilshem ironstone
There is also a social media dashboard that connects all of your various accounts from Twitter, Google +, Facebook, etc... in one place.  Its called "Sprout" (google it.) I am not sure if it is free or not, but it could help the Alatriel's of the world who dont want to get in to Twitter, etc... Just create the account, connect it to your dashboard, and enjoy the ride!
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

anything