The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: European playerbase/GM base  (Read 126 times)

Gaunt

• View Profile
    European playerbase/GM base
    « on: July 10, 2005, 04:51:00 am »
    Hey all,

Just started with a new character on Layonara after playing for about 2 years on another RP PW. But i've got a question for european players around, and for GM's or other players too if they feel inclined to reply :)

How firm is the European player base and the GM-events? I mean is Layonara a server where most quests and plotlines unfold in EU downtimes or are there many active quests and plots for European players too? This is something i've been missing on the other server i've played on and hope isn't the case on Layonara.

Cheers and see you ingame!

ZeroVega

RE: European playerbase/GM base
    « Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 04:59:00 am »
      Check up on the Calender and you'll see. PST is a very popular time zone. Leanthar's timezone so that's where a good deal of the plot quests will be.
        We've got a good deal of EST and CST GMs, so a 5-6 hour difference from GMT isn't too big. And we do infact have quite a few European GMs. (Juste, IDii, Ed, steverimmer, and mixafix) Oh and if you want something really impressive .... even have a couple Aussie GMs. ;)

mixafix

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 05:02:00 am »
    There are a number of European timed quests. As ZV said there at least 5 European based GM's though this month may be a little unsettled. After that you should see lots of suitable quests.

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 05:03:00 am »
    Our player base is fairly close to having a playerbase that is divided 50/50 between European and American timezones. The same goes for the regular quests, while most plot quests are run in the American Timezone.

Harlas

Gaunt

• View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 10:34:00 am »
      Fantastic! I can't wait to explore and RP my way into Layonara.

And if i'm not mistaking there are enough scripted quests too no?

IDii

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 10:55:00 am »
      Yah, there are enough scripted quests to keep you busy with some adventures for a while.

Hmm.. Going to see how many quests we're having run for European people and then maybe schedule some if I don't think it's enough. I'm kinda good for running any quests any time now so it works..

aragwen

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 10:28:00 pm »
      I play a lot on GMT time and have to see there is quite a number of players and GM's around. Have been able to join a number of quests.
        What I would suggest is find the GMT players and get to know them, it makes it easier then to party with them, which will improve your Layo experience.
        Find Jacchri in game, I play most GMT evenings in the week and I will show you around and help with a couple of the quests around Hlint.
        Regards Aragwen

anything