The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Got a question on Enchantments  (Read 67 times)

Axodeth

• View Profile
    Got a question on Enchantments
    « on: April 09, 2006, 06:46:40 am »
    Can enchants be placed on different items that are equiped and the effects stack? for example, Iron Full plate with fire 1, and a belt with fire 1, do these resistances stack, I dont think they do but not sure, thanks for any help.

Axodeth o' de Stoncutter clan

Blackguy

Re: Got a question on Enchantments
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 06:55:24 am »
    No they do not stack. Its only the highest of each type that stacks. and you cant combine any types of resistance on a single item. So if you have slashing resist, you cant put fireresist on it, as it will override.

Frelinder

• Followers of Xeen
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 06:56:04 am »
    Sorry to say that they don't stack.. ;)

osxmallard

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 10:30:56 am »
    I ruined a perfectly good cloak of Johan by putting a cold 5/- resistance on it.  (Did not realize it would override the
    bludgeoning)  Also... how about making resistances 5/- and 10/- of bluge/slash/and pierce as a craftable item.  ;)

s0ulz

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 10:45:30 am »
    osxmallard - 4/9/2006  8:30 PM

I ruined a perfectly good cloak of Johan by putting a cold 5/- resistance on it.  (Did not realize it would override the
    bludgeoning)  Also... how about making resistances 5/- and 10/- of bluge/slash/and pierce as a craftable item.  ;)

That would be way overpowered.

Blackguy

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 01:34:59 pm »
    Just make it hard as ... to get . 10/ resist slash/blud/piercing one of them, not all, would require 30 mithril bars, 3 emeralds, and 30 adamantinum bards, and 10 titanium, to coat your armor :D

Davaeorn

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 06:39:28 pm »
      Resistance and Immunities do stack though. Get 5/- fire and 10% fire and you'll be set. And from there you can add saving throw bonuses to fire (although i'm not sure if you can craft that.. I'm just learning the crafting system now) Even betterthough, with physical damage you can have damange Resistance, Reduction and Immunity. Theres plenty to go arround ;)

-Davaeorn

anything