The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Great Impromptu!  (Read 536 times)

Stephen_Zuckerman

Great Impromptu!
« on: March 21, 2008, 03:41:30 am »
Just wanted to share with the class. Canislupis ran a great little impromptu earlier for a few folk that were spotted heading for the desert. Just caught us randomly in Fort Whatever, roped us in with a well-mixed hook...

Good atmosphere, nice balance between RP and hacking, excellent pacing!

If you'd had more time for setup... ;)

Still, an absolute blast. *Tips his hat.*

The following users thanked this post: Dezza

stragen

Re: Great Impromptu!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 03:51:17 am »
Thanks Dezza.  I'm sorry I couldn't stay.  Dinner time was approaching and I needed play dad.  

It was great to catch up a lot of other players too I don't normally bump into.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to stay and chat.

Desicardo

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 03:56:45 am »
Yes, most excellant impromptu.. great fun by all.  Funny things that can happen on a simple CNR run..hehe.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 03:57:42 am »
It's alright - it was great having you when you were there! We got our butts kicked pretty hard by that slaad, but somehow Armolas managed to make it disappear, and then Pyyran managed to destroy the summoning circle (who knew it could be so easy?).

It was a great example of a quest going well - difficult, but very well.

merlin34baseball

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 11:10:16 am »
if only Brian would have quit stabbing Chaynce... but fun quest!

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 01:57:32 pm »
Quote from: Stephen_Zuckerman
It's alright - it was great having you when you were there! We got our butts kicked pretty hard by that slaad, but somehow Armolas managed to make it disappear, and then Pyyran managed to destroy the summoning circle (who knew it could be so easy?).

It was a great example of a quest going well - difficult, but very well.

Erm well Armolas tried to kill it and gut pushed back, Brian tried to help him at first but had to go into the shadows, then just kept pestering the slaad by tickling him (real tickles not oh darn my swords only tickles him)  while hiding in the shadows. Then it jumped into its portal and poof.

LOL.. if only chaynce would have kept away from the confused Brian while he was hacking at anything in his sight thinking it was an umber hulk lolol

Dezza it was a really great impromptu.

Desicardo

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 02:04:21 pm »
Yes, I was unable to do much to influence this slaad to die so I would do hit and run to give others time to heal.  Truth is, he fled of his own volition probably after seeing we were not going to leave him alone.  Anyway, it was well fought and well played out on the DM side.

Personally, I prefer my slaad with ceasar dressing and croutons.

Hellblazer

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 02:52:27 pm »
hmm slaad salad. Don't forget the purple mushroom in there just for the extra illusionary feel.

scifibarbie

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 04:10:55 pm »
It was a blast!

Grenna shared her snake stew, tickled the slaadi, mooshed some bugs. All in all, a wondrous tome for all! :D

Big thanks to the GMs!

anything