The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Greetings all...!  (Read 205 times)

Greetings all...!
« on: November 03, 2005, 05:24:00 am »
*touches index finger to brow in salute*
I am new to these lands and hope to see you IG soon. (comp is undergoing major update, should be home this eve) My char has been accepted, so as soon as my comp is up, I'll be bringing him aboard. A question first....are there any skills or feats I should not put points into during char creation? As there are PWs that dont use some of them due to their custom content, I'd like to know before I build.
See you IG soon......(crosses fingers)

J

Filatus

RE: Greetings all...!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 06:17:00 am »
I think I got most, if not all, listed here. Good luck with your new char.

- The disarm feat is useless on Layo, since the weapons creatures carry aren't droppable.
- Crafting wand and scribe scroll are not used in Layo. There's a more difficult craftingsystem for in place.
- The skills create armor, create weapon and such aren't worked with on Layo, since it has its own craftingsystem. It's only used for customizing the look of clothing or weapons, but the DC for that is so low, you hardly have to put points in it.

Next to this.. there are a few custom feats I think that can be taken always, but are actually specific to a class or race. So if you encounter a new feat, read the description well.

cptoad

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 06:36:00 am »
welcome to layo!!

G

freemen2

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 08:02:00 am »
Hear hear, welcome ;)

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 08:05:00 am »
Welcome aboard.

There are some new skills in layo.that are unique.
Such as Gather Information: This skill is for RP purposes only but helps alot during quests.
A unique Feat is Eskew I,II,III  for casters.Since spell components are needed for spells.This Feat will let you cast without them.

Just read through skills and feats.
Craft Traps is useless.You make traps through the Tinker craft.
Craft armor and weapons skill is another with hardly any use.

well you'll see.
Have fun.

Guardian 452

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 08:20:00 am »
Pickpocketing is ONLY allowed after GM approval.

So spending points here might be a waste unless you have plan for a RP heavy rogue / theif type person.

Niles09

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 08:42:00 am »
Aye, welcome you wont't be leaving again! :)