The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: GS bug, man that is one nasty bug!  (Read 513 times)

jrizz

GS bug, man that is one nasty bug!
« on: April 12, 2010, 12:01:28 am »
So I got the GS bug for the first time just a few nights ago. I used a dust and was in GS. The other PC with me cast GS on himself. All was fine, we were making our way past many bad guys (heading to a safe spot to log out for the night). Then out of nowhere after passing a whole bunch of bad guys and going through five plus areas one bad guy just decided to attack me and after that ALL the bad guys attacked me. I even tried to use a second dust but the effect was the same. This is a nasty nasty bug. I did die but did not get a DT. But I did think about how messed up this bug is.

The following users thanked this post: Alatriel

SteveMaurer

How Not To Be Killed By the Greater Santuary Bug
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 01:53:22 am »
The thing that makes the Greater Sanctuary bug a killer is that all the negative consequences of being in Greater Sanctuary still apply.  (GS is far from an "I win" spell.)

Most importantly, you can't cast spells until the effect is gone.   This includes using dusts.

Probably what happened is that you tried to use your second dust and it "fizzled" because of the still active GS effect.

What you need to do is to disable the effect.   One way is to go into combat for a round.   Or, if you prefer not to be killed, get a Rune of Sanctuary return and use it while running.   Then use your second dust, and pray.

jrizz

Re: GS bug, man that is one nasty bug!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 02:04:30 pm »
Thus part of the nastiness. Since on Layo once the bad guys "see" you and you are unbuffed you just dont have two rounds to disable and then try again. Well most PCs dont :) Wren has enough hits points to last three rounds of unbuffed pounding.

anything