The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Gnomish log rotator 3.1 and windows 7 ultimate 64  (Read 474 times)

Hellblazer

Re: Gnomish log rotator 3.1 and windows 7 ultimate 64
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 12:08:39 am »
Thanks for the efforts dorg. That's what I had done. My account has full administration right*. and I had also edited the nwn folder and sub-folders and files (drop down menu when you edit the permissions), which included the Glr 3.1 folders to set it to full control for the administrative account and user account.**

I can start glr 3.1 fine, it runs without having to run it as administrator. It just can't save the files at the exiting of NWN and gives a "path not found" error. (even though the path are configured correctly.

Anyhow thanks for all the help. GLR 5000 works, just have to edit the files after it rotates them to include text naming.

* Both the admin account and the user account which for the love of G, I don't get why i have two types of security settings when there's only one account for this os..?? IE Emmanuel-pc administrative and Emmanuel-PC User. Same account two different settings.

** Which if I understand this is granting that folder and all folders and items in those folders, full administrative rights. If not then the Microsoft documentation is badly written :p.

Dorganath

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 12:32:26 am »
That's not explicitly giving your login account the full control rights it needs. It's expecting an inheritance from the Users group on your PC.

Add your user name to the security list for the GLR and NWN folders (which will include all files and subfolders by default, unless you've overridden that) and give your account full control. Like I said originally, the inherited properties from the user (Users or Administrators) groups don't cut it in this case.

Hellblazer

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 12:41:33 am »
Yep that's what I thought hence as shown in the picture I've disabled the inheritance and also given my user account full control. I don't have an account with a user name. There's only one account on my system that logs in windows automatically without having to select it or enter a pass.

Man they had to make things more complicated for nothing :P joking I understand the reasoning, just not the implementation.

//edit

Trying with adding like you've said.

Hellblazer

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 12:48:06 am »
Even with creating the new permission account using my login Account name (that is the administrator account on this system) and giving it full control over the folders, sub folders and items, like you said.

I'm still getting the same error 76 "Path not found" once glr 3.1 tries to rotate the file after the game closed. It starts fine, it's when you get to input the name of the file you want to be saved under that it gives me an error 76 "Path not found"

So just to reiterate the steps

1- login account name created and given full control permissions for the NWN folder and everything in it.

2- GLR 3.1 always started fine without having to use the run as administrator.

3- Once the game closed, the pop up window to input the name of the file to save under came up fine.

4- Once you enter the file name, and press ok, the glr3.1 returns an error 76 "path not found" And the file is not saved.

Step 2 to 4 had been doing this from the start, even when I didn't have the login account added to the security list.

Dorganath

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2011, 08:13:08 am »
Just for fun, can you tell me if it works without the option to rename the file when the log closes? I'm not using that particular option, so it's one possible variable.

Also, you should not disable inheritance on the folder and the files/folders below it.

Hellblazer

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 10:36:50 am »
Can't even save the config that way, it;s strange

Dorganath

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 11:07:25 am »
Try editing the glr.ini file directly.

Hellblazer

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 06:08:51 pm »
Stil the same problem I guess I'll just have to use glr 5000 :(