The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Mining tools  (Read 47 times)

Delta7

• View Profile
    Mining tools
    « on: May 27, 2006, 04:22:23 am »
    I have a few questions about the durability of mining tools.

Does the type of resource mined have any effect on the tools, and does it determine if it breaks sooner or later? ie  a heavy pick breaking copper would be less likely to break as if it was mining iron or gold.

Are player made mining picks significantly more durably than store bought picks? I have noticed that with weaponsmithing, I can make copper, bronze, iron, mining tools.

same questions for gem chisles as well

Dorganath

RE: Mining tools
    « Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 08:27:11 am »
    It does not matter whenther you mine copper or adamantium or whatever. The chance that you'll break your pick is the same and is calculated with each strike against the rock. It is set consistently across all ore deposits and is randomly picked vs. a base percentage.
      Gem chisels/picks work in a similar way, with each mining attempt being an opportunity for the tool to break. The type of mineral deposit does not matter.
      As for player-made tools, they're weapons, not crafting tools. The mining deposits are sensitive to the use of specific tools only. Copper/bronze/iron heavy picks are weapons, not mining tools, and as such they would not be able to be used to improve one's chances at mining, they won't be more durable, etc.

Delta7

• View Profile
      Re: Mining tools
      « Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 10:39:49 am »
      Thank you sir, That explained a lot.