The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 556 times)

Grid Blader

Hello
« on: December 10, 2009, 12:09:30 pm »
Well got my computer running.  I am downloading NWN and soon the patchs.  Was wondering I need the ok from anyone to get back in to game with my old toons?

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Lord Dark, cbnicholson, ystrday, Lance Stargazer, Kenderfriend

Hellblazer

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 12:17:41 pm »
yay! Welcome back

mixafix

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 12:19:59 pm »
Step right on Sir  - the water is lovely!

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 12:26:51 pm »
YAY..

Come back mate, we are waiting for you.

EdTheKet

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 01:55:09 pm »
Quote from: Grid Blader
Well got my computer running.  I am downloading NWN and soon the patchs.  Was wondering I need the ok from anyone to get back in to game with my old toons?

Nope, go right ahead. Your characters are still there as we only delete them when the owner requests.

You do need to remember your bioware username  and password obviously.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 02:54:29 pm »
heya, Grid!

Grid Blader

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 04:00:27 pm »
I really dislike Vista

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 04:06:01 pm »
Remember mate..

Administrator mode.. and Compatibility with Win Xp second edition, If having issues,.,. feel free to pm me.. I'll try to help.

Cheers . JC ( aka Lance Stargazer )

Grid Blader

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 04:47:33 pm »
*just keeps slamming his head against the desk*

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 04:57:16 pm »
IT's fixable, don't worry.  Go into your main Drive Folder (usual Drive C), open The Neverwinter Nights Folder, then the NWN folder inside it, then find nwmain.exe.  Right click on nwmain.exe, then select Properties.  

When the new window opens, click Compatibility, then click the check box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" then select Windows XP/ Service Pack 2.

Then it should work.

If you are getting a black screen were music plays and nothing else, you will have to try to click around until the screen fixes itself, or wait for it to load.  It's happened to me, and I don't know any other way to get past that.

Grid Blader

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 05:13:19 pm »
Thank you that helped a lot.  Now to remeber everything and the place's to visit.  See all you in game..

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 11:49:56 am »
alternatively you can disable the intro videos.

mixafix

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 12:57:55 pm »
alternatively you can disable the intro videos.

Can you walk through that one for me?

Hellblazer

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 01:42:45 pm »
Quote from: Fidzy
I have found, on my own Vista computer, that to avoid NWN from quitting (stops and closes) I had to add "Disable Intro Movies=1" int the NWN.ini file.

I am now able to connect and play on the server.

Maybe will I have to add "Disable Movies=1" (to disable all movies).  I do not know yet.

I have not been able to check on my brother's (Guillaume) compu yet.

Stay tune.

Addition:
Please note I use NWN 1.69 version.

My bro just didn't post that it had worked. I myself am using this and I have no introduction movies going on.

What you need to do is open your nwn.ini file in notepad, then under display option you add the line disable movies=1. If the line is there but with a 0, just switch the 0 to 1.

That will bring you up directly to the selection page for solo, multi player etc.

Honora

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 07:02:16 pm »
Good to see you, Grid :)