The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hi bye from an old player  (Read 711 times)

Varka

Hi bye from an old player
« on: June 18, 2011, 06:19:25 am »
Hello everyone.

Here is just a small hi bye from one of the old dwarven players. Some might remember me as the dwarf Varka Cleaveson.

I thought I might drop a few lines to Layo as I did to Harlas.

Naaaayy. Since I stopped I always kept around though. Reading about what is going on in general but also keeping an eye on layos dwarven players. It has been and it is still fun seeing how Layo develops. I guess some of the other old players do the same thing. (If so just give a thumps up guys).

So, how is everyone doing in there? I can see that there is a few new WL around and that the Torans are starting a new group (every good initiative). Are there other new initiative like that? Did some make a nice exotic group like mix of orcs, deep dwarves and dark elves? And where are the treehuggers?  

What about the dwarves! How does it look there? I follow roughly the submissions and character developments.

That is all for now. Take care in there and have fun! :)

Chazzler

Re: Hi bye from an old player
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 07:59:45 am »
Well there is the Dwarven Army, although that has not been very active in the recent past... Something should be done with that.

Dezza

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 10:49:05 pm »
Varka! Warlord of the Dwarves of Bloody Gate! Legend of the Gate!

You are missed!

scifibarbie

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 11:19:35 pm »
Grenna misses her old friend. And ice thorn is getting much use! :D

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 09:29:40 am »
We don't forget legends in Layonara and Varka is in the category.  Maybe it's time for you to dust off your game, make a new dwarf and join the Dwarven Army *smiles*.

Anyway, we still loving the game.

Masterjack

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 10:25:55 am »
Yes, Varka's Legend still lives on. Buddy is in the process of trying to find artifacts that used to be used by Varka. He has his Old Helm and Emerald bulls ring. He even named his Addy Dwaven War Axe he bought off Varka "Varaka's Vengence". Beli named his first born son Varka in honor of the Warlord.

The name will continue on in legend.

geloooo

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 10:32:59 am »
I wonder if folks will ever remember my villain, Ni'haer. Would he be remembered as Ni'haer Helvivirr, the Scourge of the Surface? :P JK

Always good to see returning players! I hope to see you in game and on the battlefield! :)

Chongo

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 01:58:37 pm »
I miss your musk.

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 06:45:14 pm »
I miss the drinking contests at the Wild Surge and the flurry of dwarven activity at The Bloody Gate. Gilshem still has the pick Varka passed on to him. Hope you are well mate.

scifibarbie

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 09:14:30 pm »
Not too outmatch beli..but grenna named her daughter varka too! LOL! And shes ever the rager her mom is and hopefully varka was!

Varka

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 04:09:27 pm »
So, from what I can read there is still a dwarven army out there. Thats good to know!

If I came back to play it would be with a new character, probably also a dwarf again. For now though I stick around and read what uo guys are up to.

Shiokara

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 04:54:24 pm »
The axe idiots live on. Agmundr trained under Grenna who trained under Varka, or some such line. Haven't been around because of Rift, but I am sad to hear the DA's been less active.

I'd be curious to hear how the treehugger's are doing, too.