The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hipshot Thought  (Read 1025 times)

Pseudonym

Re: Hipshot Thought
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 08:42:53 pm »
I REALLY like this idea and I think I once floated something similar at the end of the last plot quest. One thing that occurred to me then (and now) was that such creates a new, level playing field for all of what, a week or two? A month after this idea is implemented, certain folks are already level 15 and others languish at level 4 ...

Chongo

Re: Hipshot Thought
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 10:16:01 pm »
Quote from: Pseudonym
I REALLY like this idea and I think I once floated something similar at the end of the last plot quest. One thing that occurred to me then (and now) was that such creates a new, level playing field for all of what, a week?

Had to read one and a half times before laughing.  Could be the day. *edit: wrote pre-edit pseudo*

Level playing field is not a concern of mine.  It's a broken frame of thought and always has been.  I, for one, won't be able to rate on any playing field.  If time invested is the measure of playing fields (which, through thick and thin, right and wrong, has never been on this server), then I'm going to be signing up with the local grade school for fair competition.  My playtime spectrum is a complete opposite of what it once was and if there's one thing that I will say tongue in cheek is that knowing both sides of the level playing field (and what you have to put into it) has comfortably landed me where I said I would be - which is comfortable looking both left and right... and never ever stifling anyone for expending more effort in game (and just as often as not out of game as well) then I.  

That sort of thing certainly is a concern to a lot of folks though.  Last thing I'll ever sympathize with though.

Back to it - it's just something fresh.  I'll spare the absentee judgement save for the stats on login time.  Folks log in their main effort for quest and small group sessions.  They either don't log in otherwise or log in a side effort to pass the time between.  Imagine a sincere fresh start.  Even the folks clinging to the main effort would be excited, it's just the sense of lost effort and story that frightens everyone.  Back to Filatus' post on the fresh though.  It's a hard feeling to find, and harder to achieve when so many folks are (rightfully) dug in.  Not faulting that though, and never will.  It'd be presumption at its worst, and I prefer presumption at its lightest.

anything