The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: humour.... hahahahhahaha  (Read 200 times)

humour.... hahahahhahaha
« on: June 27, 2005, 07:48:00 am »
today:  44 attempts to make scribing ink, success rate probabilities 30-80%  
        0 successes...

18 attempts to cure black bear skins  success probability 35%
        3 successes

14 attempts to make leathers from black & brown bear & lions probabilities 35-60%
        1 success...

hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahaa
it was a GOOD day.... (i wonder what the probability of rolling 7 "1s" in a row is!!! ahahhaha)

Thedan955

• View Profile
    RE: humour.... hahahahhahaha
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 07:50:00 am »
    priceless?

IDii

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 07:51:00 am »
    Happens sometimes, heh.

Worst that ever happened me was when I was doing a few crafts and didn't succeed a single time at anything. Chances were something like 50%-90%.

Rolled something like... 1,2,1,4,5,1,7,3,5,3,1,2,1 and jus gave up...

jjkolb

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 08:02:00 am »
    How many threads can we start complaining about crafting failures?  Anyone who has crafted has run into bad spells.  It happens.  Get over it.  It is very frustrating, I know.  But complaining about it here isn't going to do any good, aside from making one feel better by venting.

This is a general statement and not intended to single any one person out.

Leanthar

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 08:04:00 am »
    Agreed jjkolb, agreed.

Erlina

• View Profile
      « Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 09:14:00 am »
      If it is any consolation think of all the people who were making astounding saving throws while you were failing to make ink! You probably saved countless lives with your selfless sacrifice.

Erlina

IDii

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 09:38:00 am »
      Heh, that's a pretty good way to put it...

In that case though, people really owe me a lot... And I mean a lot.

rusleBIFFEN

• View Profile
        « Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 09:53:00 am »

*Smiles*

Hmm... So thats why I made those two pairs of exceptional fury gloves today.. Thanks :-)

-Hali

lonnarin

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 02:54:00 pm »
        I just got back from a PnP session this weekend with Pooser where he rolled a natural 1 on each and every social interaction during gameplay... as the party's bard.  That was a fun session, he got thrown from the town tavern into the water trough outside, chased by the townguard for "contaminating" the trough, attacked by farmers with pitchforks for tresspassing and even got bitten by his own riding dog within a 2-3 hour time span.

So yes, sometimes it's NOT just Bioware coding, but fate.
        (needless to say he snuck back that night and set the tavern and farmlands on fire) ;)

Crunch

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 03:32:00 am »
        There seems to be less mention of the runs of good luck.  I certainly remember some poor runs in crafting, but after 4 shots at 40% and 4 shots at 60% all successful in a row in infusing I stopped complaining.  Eventually it does even out I think.  If it doesn't, I'll just take all of Murat's good luck and he can have my bad luck and I won't say anything about any venting he may do in the forums.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
          • View Profile
        « Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 03:36:00 am »
        Indeed, but people complain mostly about their bad luck and forget about how lucky they are when they craft those 3 items in a row with a 30% chance...

Also, if you think that failing loads of times at a 40% chance is bad luck, try failing 17 out of 30 with a 80% chance. ;)

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 05:38:00 am »
        jjkolb - 6/27/2005  11:02 AM  How many threads can we start complaining about crafting failures?  Anyone who has crafted has run into bad spells.  It happens.  Get over it.  It is very frustrating, I know.  But complaining about it here isn't going to do any good, aside from making one feel better by venting.  This is a general statement and not intended to single any one person out.
          HEY!!!!!  stop hijacking this thread....  it is CLEARLY TITLED: HUMOUR!! hahahhahahah NO one is complaining... we are commiserating and poking fun!!!  there is NO rankor or complaints...  and to balance it out, later, last night, aleister and i were making lion and bearskins (and a few odd tiger, couger, jaguar and leapord) and out of about 14 lions, i cured 7, however, out of 7 cured, i tanned into leather 6.  with a little thread, some oil and puppoydog tails, that equals a lionskin bag!!  further, i managed to make my 1st couger skin bag, belt of the tiger (any bards want to buy one??) and several other odds and ends, and thereby moving up in crafting levels.... good old ale was there to tell me to quit b*tching and keep tanning and we had fun....   so...  go hijack someone else's thread...  thank you... hehhehhehhehheh

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 05:42:00 am »
        Erlina - 6/27/2005  12:14 PM

If it is any consolation think of all the people who were making astounding saving throws while you were failing to make ink! You probably saved countless lives with your selfless sacrifice.

Erlina

hehhehheh   i am glad to FINALLY be of SOME service to SO many!! hahahahahahhahaha
        and as is stated below your post.... nice way to phrase it... and MANY owe me BIG time for MY sacrifices!! hahahahahahahaha

it was a GOOD day yesterday...

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 05:44:00 am »
        lonnarin - 6/27/2005  5:54 PM

I just got back from a PnP session this weekend with Pooser where he rolled a natural 1 on each and every social interaction during gameplay... as the party's bard.  That was a fun session, he got thrown from the town tavern into the water trough outside, chased by the townguard for "contaminating" the trough, attacked by farmers with pitchforks for tresspassing and even got bitten by his own riding dog within a 2-3 hour time span.

So yes, sometimes it's NOT just Bioware coding, but fate.
        (needless to say he snuck back that night and set the tavern and farmlands on fire) ;)

OUCH!!!!
        hope it wasn't fr. logan's charisma rolls!! ahhahahahahahahahahah
        must be willy's uncatty ability to get into the most riddiculous, "no win" situations...
        hahahhahahahahahah