The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: I.G. Maps  (Read 151 times)

Desicardo

I.G. Maps
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:04:52 pm »
Is there any way to import or purchase in game maps of each country?  I am playing a ranger and do a lot of exploring and serve as party scout and guide.  It would be nice to be able to reference a map in game of areas I am traveling though.  I remember long ago when I first started in Layo seeing a post from someone selling maps.  Is that still something that is available or could a map be imported on parchment into the parchment folder?
Thanks for help,
Desicardo
Armolas, Desicardon

Leanthar

Re: I.G. Maps
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:30:56 pm »
No, sadly we removed that system as it was being abused at the time--even after we tried to work around the issue.  At this time there is no in game maps.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:23:36 pm »
Leanthar - 4/19/2006  9:30 PM

No, sadly we removed that system as it was being abused at the time--even after we tried to work around the issue.  At this time there is no in game maps.

L, you're refering to making the mini-maps persistant right?

I believe the original post was more like, a map you can look at IG.. er, more like... trying to think of a game that has a system like this... oh well, like an item in your inventory thats a map.  Just displays an image thats the map (like a hand drawn map or something.)

Unfortunately, there isn't an ideal way to do this in NWN.  What would be great is if you could insert images into an item description, but as far as I know you can't short of making the item icon the map itself, which is annoying as its either really tiny or takes of waaay too much room in your inventory.  I made a system like this before, but it wasn't great.  There were two versions of it, one where you bought 2x2 pieces of the map and assembled them together in a map bag so they didn't take up soo much room in your inventory.  The other was an item that when used (unroll the map) spawned the "map items" in your inventory.  Each map was... 3 2x3 items iirc.  And then when you're done you use it again and it removes the map items.

The best way in NWN IMO is using items that control placeables.  Its kinda neat because then you can show the map to a group of ther PCs while discussing strategies and whatnot rather than having to barter a ton of junk around.

Er, yeah, long story short, I could build this.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 04:10:08 am »
Or purchase a text-based map from a PC.  There is one ingame that writes up maps on LORE parchment and sells them.  I believe it describes the area, transitions, any resources and their locations, etc.

NEXUS7

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 05:40:42 am »
Yep My PC Mille Mooneyes The Map Maker sells maps in game
They cost and will only show the root from point A to point B
with N S E W as Dirations and notes on what you may find in an area or on root.

anything