The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: looking for information on historic layo battles  (Read 166 times)

theophilusmousse

• View Profile
    looking for information on historic layo battles
    « on: August 01, 2006, 02:00:14 pm »
    I'm trying to get some background information for a new character idea.  What i am looking for is information on large battles that took place about 7-14 yrs ago ingame. If anyone has any idea of there to look for this kind of information,  ie journals ect. it would help greatly.  I have a character i am working on, but i want the background to be accurate to layo history, and a large battle  (mainly one with MANY good-guy casualties and possibly demonic summoning)  is central to the make-up of the character. I have tried looking in the lore histories with no luck, and the continent is irrelevant at this point,  any info is better than what i have now.

minerva

Re: looking for information on historic layo battles
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 02:11:36 pm »
    Have you tried asking a prominent bard in game?

Dorganath

RE: looking for information on historic layo battles
    « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 02:20:08 pm »
    Have you consulted the timeline ?
      Current year is 1403, by the way.

Deacon

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 02:46:36 pm »
    Find a bard who can tell you about the Drow's invasion of Hlint.  That was fun.

EdTheKet

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 03:09:51 pm »
    The taking of Stone, the retaking of Stone, the battle for Roldem, the occupation of Spellgard. Plenty of options!

Ne'er

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 04:49:24 pm »
    Not really a major battle, but I remember there was an attack on Fort Velensk awhile back. There were demons and undead attacking the shores. I remember there were lots of NPC guards killed, as well as several PC casualties. I don't think there's much written up about the battle anywhere, though.

Like I said, it wasn't really a -major- battle, but still one that looks like it fits what you are looking for.

Oh, and Stone may work too :)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 06:34:14 pm »
    Don't forget the attack on Hope by a bunch of Ogres and Ogrillions.

theophilusmousse

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 12:54:18 am »
      Thanks everybody, this is exactly the stuff i was looking for.  Dorganath, thanks for the link, i knew there was a timeline somewhere, looked for it, couldn't find it, it was staring me in the face the whole time.